• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can the accellero do what it says?

Soldato
My 4870 is far too loud at the moment and I am looking at 3rd party coolers.

I am just looking at the accelero S1 rev 2 and it claims to be able to passively cool a 4870, Can it? That seems like a very bold statement.

There doesn't seem like anywhere to mount a fan either if I did need a bit of extra air flow.

Is it worth the purchase?

Associate
It possibly could in a very very very well ventilated case.

The arctic cooling accelero twin turbo is worth a look, it's basically the S1 but with dual fans included. I ran one on my 4870 with no hassle, great temps and much quieter than the stock job.

Associate
I'm running one on my 4870 passive and max load temps in furmark are around 72C. However I do have a 120mm intake fan pretty close to it.

If you need the extra airflow a lot of people use zip ties to strap a 120mm fan directly to it. Still one of the best performing gpu coolers if you do this. Here is a link to a very old thread about it.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17904825&highlight=accelero+rev.2

If you don't want the hassle just buy the twin turbo. Like said above it is an S1 but slightly smaller.

Back
Top Bottom