Can you a recommend me an efficient PSU for a modest build please?

Associate
Hi Guys,

I'm putting together my system now and about to order up the parts, stuck on the CPU to get as this is really key to the system not wasting too much power and being relatively quiet. I wont OC the system at all.

https://uk.************.com/list/6xJyjc

The website lists the max power draw as 236w but if I remember correctly I should go a good bit higher than that figure for better efficiency?

Goal is a good reliable PSU, pretty quiet and efficient as possible. I guess 80+ gold.

Anybody able to guide me here please?

Thanks,
-W

Soldato
You can get a higher powered version for more money even from same brand, but Full modular will be your best friend for that type of case and this seems to be the cheapest listed, for the potential power draw you mentioned this will be plenty.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £85.49
(includes shipping: £10.50)

Man of Honour
You need to remove the partpicker link as it links directly to competitors and that is against the forum rules. I have put your components into a basket on here so that others can see what you have selected. I have changed the memory as OCUK doesn't sell Crucial memory and the kit I have selected is cheaper and faster anyway.

Total: £852.45

The case is the Coolermaster Elite 110 mini itx case.

Due to the Bitfenix Whisper M series psu's having a large shroud on the 24 pin cable having that sticks up a fair distance more than normal I am not sure I would be using one of those in such a small case that is strapped for space. I would also be looking at putting a short psu in there to free up extra space so taking that into consideration I would probably go with the excellent Seasonic Focus Plus 550w which is only 140mm long. It has a single 12v rail of 540w and has a 10 year warranty.

Associate
You need to remove the partpicker link as it links directly to competitors and that is against the forum rules. I have put your components into a basket on here so that others can see what you have selected. I have changed the memory as OCUK doesn't sell Crucial memory and the kit I have selected is cheaper and faster anyway.

Total: £852.45

The case is the Coolermaster Elite 110 mini itx case.

Due to the Bitfenix Whisper M series psu's having a large shroud on the 24 pin cable having that sticks up a fair distance more than normal I am not sure I would be using one of those in such a small case that is strapped for space. I would also be looking at putting a short psu in there to free up extra space so taking that into consideration I would probably go with the excellent Seasonic Focus Plus 550w which is only 140mm long. It has a single 12v rail of 540w and has a 10 year warranty.

This is on offer:

Total: £95.45

Back
Top Bottom