Can you solve this office quandary...

Associate
As the father of a young child I have to put up with mainly crap TV programs, documentaries are out and inane drivel is in. Within the drivel are a few shining lights, a few beacons that I forge towards in the dire experience TV viewing has become with a small child.

One of these beacons is the utterly awesome Cloudbabies, if you ignore the actual cloud babies and just watch for Rainbow, and to some extent Sun, then it's an excellent tongue in cheek comedic adventure.

Due to Rainbow's utter epicness I had to get other new dads involved and literally "save a life". So I mentioned it to another poor soul at work who is also under the same "cloud*".

Of course the flip side to this is that my formally escapist normal chats at the water cooler are now including conversations about the aforementioned god, that is Rainbow.

Now comes the question, we have been trying to find out who the hell it is that does the voice, we think it may be the same guy that does the narration, but there appears to be very little in the usual spots (wikipedia, IMDB etc**).

So do any other Rainbow aficionados have any idea who it is?

*Pun intended.

**Including literally minutes of Googling.

PS - I am perfectly aware my life is dead and I am rather sad...

Associate
Aw, the Wiggles were awesome - and they only recently retired too :D

Cloudbabies? That's a new one on me, will have to search it out. I'm a great fun of trippy pre-school stuff, from Tellytubbies to In the Night Garden via Boo-Bah.

I'm 49 and my youngest is 9, so I have to watch the stuff on the sly these days.

Aw, the Wiggles were awesome - and they only recently retired too :D

Cloudbabies? That's a new one on me, will have to search it out. I'm a great fun of trippy pre-school stuff, from Tellytubbies to In the Night Garden via Boo-Bah.

I'm 49 and my youngest is 9, so I have to watch the stuff on the sly these days.

I went to wiggles world when I was in Australia.

It was a life changing experience. :p

http://www.dreamworld.com.au/Attractions/Wiggles-World/Wiggles-World.aspx

Associate
OP
In the Night Garden? Seriously? I can't stand that one! Those bloody Pontipines and wallyballoo or whatever it's called. Ugh.

I am happy to watch Rastamouse, Timmy Time, Chuggington (not badge quest), Octonauts, Cloudbabies and when forced onto Channel 5: Rory the Race Car and Mr Men.

Mike the Knight is watchable if I have to, but that god awful Tilly and Friends that's on before it makes me want to die...and if I have to watch another Woolly and Tig repeat I am going to scream! I think I have seen her loose her mum in Tesco about 6 times now!

Permabanned
I was forced to watch justins house once, well wasn't forced but my nephew was watching it and I was in the room.

Holy ****, how does it not lead to developmental problems in kids I have no idea.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

There's only so much 'night garden you can take.

What's that macca pacca? Oh, you've found the pinky ponk?! Here comes upsy daisy.. With your special stone hhhhhhnnnnnnnggggg

Soldato
My 3 year old loves Spiderman/Hulk/Avengers and Power Rangers. All ok over here :)

Please note all of the above are cartoons and not the movies and the spiderman is the very family friendly "Spiderman and his Amazing Friends" version. Rather than the **** yer pants scary variety from the 2000's.

The Avengers cartoon is totally awesome! Sunday @ 7:05am CITV.

Get a tablet, install Netflix - turn on parental controls so only "U" rated items are available (some PG stuff is just not suitable for under 10 year olds!) and leave them to it.

Associate
Rainbow needs a good kicking to be honest, such a whiny character. My little boy does like bobo white, skydonk and little star however.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom