1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cancel culture expands to real life in the USA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mmj_uk, 28 Apr 2021.

1. mmj_uk

Caporegime

If Trump had put even a single rent-a-mob ANTIFA member on the no-fly after he was forced by the secret service to evacuate to the Whitehouse bunker, the corporate media would have spent a solid month covering it as "he's a fascist/dictator etc" but Joe Biden's FBI can not only do that but also raid Trump's lawyer, seize all of his computers etc, which I'm sure has absolutely nothing to do with his son's laptop that prior to the election the corporate media completely suppressed because it had email communications of business dealings talking about "10% for the big man".

What baffles me is that Joe Biden seems to be everything that Trump was accused by the media of (often falsely) but both the corporate media and general populace are fine with it in his case.

Last edited: 29 Apr 2021
  2. Hotwired

Sgarrista

Certainly baffling that it's baffling that Biden can't live up to the castle of **** Trump was proudly king of.

Efforts must be redoubled to equate the two as equally **** covered. The dignity of Trump supporters is at stake.

3. thedoc46

Soldato

Everything you said is accurate except for one thing.. The general populace is fine with it... That is sooooooooooooooooo far from the truth.. That's perhaps the way its portrayed by the media. But most people here in America do honestly believe the left seized power. The whole Hunter Biden Laptop and especially the way Parler was taken away over night, is all the proof you'll ever need. There's no way that potato of a president who hid in his basement genuinely won the election. Even with the reach around from the media and big tech.

4. Hotwired

Sgarrista

Ah this will be a post about the enormous turn out, the most votes ever won by a candidate and the embarrassing defeat of all fraud claims in the courts.

5. Reality|Bites

Perma Banned

So who's heard about Washington DC becoming it's own state? The 51st state

6. [email protected]

Capodecina

slippery slope......

7. mmj_uk

Caporegime

Joe Biden and the corporate media called Trump xenophobic and racist when he banned travel from China to prevent spread of COVID into the USA and now Biden is banning travel from India for the same reason, don't expect the same kind of outrage from the corporate media and those who still watch it though.

I guess it's okay to be xenophobic and racist when you have the media batting for you.

8. BowdonUK

Soldato

9. stockhausen

Capodecina

I think that there was a wee bit more to Trump's campaign against China over what he regularly described the "Chinese virus".

ps - what exactly is the "Corporate media"? Do you mean as opposed to the reasoned, thoughtful social media that is answerable to absolutely nobody?

10. Reality|Bites

Perma Banned

It's Because Kathleen Kennedy was called in by her boss's for a meeting as Star wars has actually lost money and something to do with the new Indiana jones movie, my only source are the geeks on youtube, heelvsbabyface and nerdrotic

Does she have a middle name starting with K?

11. OllyM

Soldato

Sad to see somebody who emigrated here from the UK has fallen so far down the rabbit hole that they're parroting this nonsense :(

12. mmj_uk

Caporegime

Corporate media admit pushing another fake Russia story with the raid on Trump's lawyer:

Washington Post, New York Times, and NBC News retract reports on Giuliani
    https://edition.cnn.com/2021/05/01/...new-york-times-retraction-giuliani/index.html

I wonder if they'll give this 24/7 coverage like the initial (fake) stories, if you tell a lie citing anonymous sources and then hardly anyone sees the retraction people will believe a lie. This is the same totally honest corporate media leading the way pushing cancel culture.

13. Tony Edwards

Soldato

Well...
    Its not exactly the 'fake news story' you wanted.

14. Eurofighter

Wise Guy

Someone from my old work unfriended me because I said I'm not a fan of veganism. Another because I think Morris dancers should be able to black up. Cancel culture is alive and well. Friends cant have different opinions apparently. Let them live in their echo chambers.

15. Hotwired

Sgarrista

Getting unfriended on the internet is cancel culture is it :p

16. =XDC=FluphyBunny

Mobster

What a load of *******.

Good grief seek help.

17. =XDC=FluphyBunny

Mobster

Are you even replying to the correct thread

Also you might want to read and comprehend the rubbish you post

18. Reality|Bites

Perma Banned

Your message couldn't be sent because it includes content that other people on Facebook have reported as abusive

19. Reality|Bites

Perma Banned

was a trump speech ever hush hushed?

20. deuse

Capodecina

Even the CIA has gone woke