Cannabis - Best as a Class B or C

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I have read & thought about this before answering.
Personally i would like to see it graded according to the strength of the substance. As in Skunk being a higher grade than general yard weed or standard Soap type Hash.
I say this because my generation were introduced to drugs with natural inbuilt stepping stones. Things like there only being Hash around & it being in different strengths. There was Blonde leb Red leb & the occasional bit of black & on blue moons some Oil. To get decent green you had to be connected which took a while & was certainly Not the normal Intro smoke.
I worry about young dudes that are introduced to Skunk as a first smoke as it takes them straight to the top of the Buzz chain rather than gradually introducing them to a different way to Buzz/relax.
I personally see no wrong in a dude choosing to smoke Privately rather than to drink or go out pubbing. In fact in my experience the dudes that Puff are never seen out kicking off whereas Beer boys are Always kicking off.
With Skunk though it is far to strong to be taken as a first smoke, I have met people over the years that just cannot handle being out of there heads & Freak. With a lighter hash or yard style buzz it is light & soon wears off. With Skunk it's Punch you in the face style & Zombie city here you come. To freaky for those dudes on the edge or for those that have little Will power or self control.
So i would like Skunk to be a B class & the rest like Yard weed & Hash a C Grade.
Having said that it would make little difference to me either way. If or whenever i may or may not have smoked any it would have been locked up in my own house & not anywhere else. ( says President malc30 :D )

Man of Honour
It's an interesting idea but not feasible because there's no obvious cutoff. Some resins are stronger than some flowers, so you can't do it by type. You can't do it on THC content either. Assume an arbitrary cutoff of 10%, then you might get the ludicrous situation of of one person getting a Class C sentence because his was (say) 9.99999%, and another person getting a Class B because his was 10.00001% (not that it's measured that accurately though). And to make life even more interesting, THC levels vary across a single plant (albeit not by much) so a plant might be passed as Class C because the sample was 9.5%, but there are parts of the plant which are Class B at say 11%.

M

Associate
I say decriminalise is the way forward.

Do you know that there are less users of cannabis in Holland than the UK so what does that say.

If left illegal your putting cannabis in the hands of gangsters and crimnals who put god knows what else into it potentially harming the customer.

As in holland cannabis can be grown safely in licensed 'dutch style' coffeeshops and people then know what they are buying. You are also putting these gangsters out of business by selling them in licensed coffeeshops as people would rather buy cannabis safely from a a safe source than a backstreet alley.

Proabition has allready failed, reclassifying isnt going to do squat so there is no point.

Soldato
The thing about Canabis is that it has no properties in it that makes it addictive, its probably one of the easiest drugs to give up, Cocaine however you are addicted for life unlses you go through rehab.

Their is no will power involved with Cocaine because you are addicted the second you get it in your system, but with Cannabis you can give up instantly.

I have never tried any drugs but this is what people from experience told me, I think Cannabis should be class C so that police force can crack down on eliminating class B and class A drugs, More crimes are commited under the influence of class A and B drugs by far than class C drugs so it seems to make sense to brand cannabis at class C.

thats just my view though, we cant eliminate all drugs in 1 swift sweep, but if we concentrate on eliminating more Dangerous drugs i think that would be a whole lot better for all of us.

Associate
Apologies i was getting carried away. Cannabis should be treated like alcohol and tobacco though. Far more people die from drinking and smoking tobacco than people who smoke a few joints a week so why prohibit something that causes less deaths than alcohol and tobacco. Crazy if you ask me :confused:

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Apologies i was getting carried away. Cannabis should be treated like alcohol and tobacco though. Far more people die from drinking and smoking tobacco than people who smoke a few joints a week so why prohibit something that causes less deaths than alcohol and tobacco. Crazy if you ask me :confused:

Somewhat misleading as far more people drink and smoke than use Cannabis. What you really need to do is look at the percentages, which is somehwat harder to do as smoking cannabis is illegal.

Associate
What the government needs to do is run a pilot scheme for a few months where in some parts of the country you can buy cannabis and then monitor the health of a percentage of users then compare that to a same percent of people drinking alcohol and the asme percent for smoking tobacco.

People are also forgetting the medicinal uses of cannabis such as relieveing pain from arthuritus(sp?), MS and other diseases.

Soldato
The thing about Canabis is that it has no properties in it that makes it addictive, its probably one of the easiest drugs to give up, Cocaine however you are addicted for life unlses you go through rehab.

Guys, guys, we need to clear a few things up first:

There are 2 main types of addiction; a psychological addiction and a physiological addiction. Cannabis has no physiological addiction but there can be a psychological addiction due to the lifestyle it entertains. However we must also remember the way in which most users use cannabis - rolled with tobbacco - which is HIGHLY addictive.

If you want to give up cannabis, you need to stop smoking normal cigarettes if you do smoke. Then use a bong, or similar, rather than rolling "special" cigarettes all the time. i.e - no tobbacco!

However, I do believe that everythings good for you in moderation, if you can keep things balanced I don't see why it should be illegal. Having witnessed the wonders of Amsterdam for a week, the government should take the hint, and take the next step of "tolerance".

Associate
However, I do believe that everythings good for you in moderation, if you can keep things balanced I don't see why it should be illegal. Having witnessed the wonders of Amsterdam for a week, the government should take the hint, and take the next step of "tolerance".

Exactly, gordon brown needs to get himself over to amsterdam for a few days.

Associate
Richdog, just because you had problems with it doesnt mean that it is a dangerous drug. As stated many times it is the person who takes it that determines its effects and its use. If you smoke 10 joints and day of the strongest weed you can get then you will not be in a fit state of mind to do much. Someone said that the effects of that and a few glasses of wine were very different in terms of damage. And that is true. Thats because 10 joints is not the same as a bit of wine, if you smoked 10 joints of strong weed over the course of a day then that would be about the equivalent of drinking enough to keep yourself drunk all day. Which do you think you would prefer to wake up after in the morning.

There are no confirmed cases of anyone going mad and killing someone because of weed. Let me put it to you this way; a kid goes a steals a load of electrical equipment cos hes a little ****. He gets caught. He has two choices. Tell the police that he is a little **** and he did it because he wanted money, or he says that its because of the weed that he did it. One outcome is that he goes to jail and the other is that he is treated as a victim of a "horrible" drug and given a bit of rehab. Its a nice excuse to get out of proper punishment for thier actions. The papers love a story like this.

How many times have I seen in the paper and been told by people who are anti cannabis that mr X was high and did so and so. I tend to put this down to ignorance or stupidity. You will always get people who will commit crimes whether they are drunk, sober or stoned yet it only seems to be the ones who were high that are singled out. Criminals will always smoke dope but that doesnt mean its the drugs fault.

As with everything it is up to the individual to moderate themselves. Some people shouldnt smoke weed and some people shouldnt drink alcohol and some people shouldnt drink milk. It doesnt mean that it is a bad substance. I think that it is the fault of the individual if they get drawn into something that effects them adversely. I dont think that many of the people that are anti-weed are tee-total. Hipocrits the lot of them. Alcohol is a lot worse in my view.

I used to smoke a lot, then I realised that I hadnt got any money so I went out and robbed a bank. Or did I; no I didnt. I just stopped. Simple as. Sometimes I want a spliff but if I cant afford it then thats that. Bottom line, cannabis isnt addictive and should be legal. If individuals cant handle it then dont smoke it but dont make it out to be evil.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I hear you, but the point is that out of a large group who smoked it several ran into problems... now when you think of young kids smoking it form an early age then the chances of people developing mental illnesses in later life will grow dramatically. Yes, we have a problem with booze in this country, we all know that and how dangerous the stuff can be, but we don't need a major problem with weed causing nationally widespread cases of psychosis/schizophrenia to add to it either.

Permabanned
Used to smoke a stupid amount (£40/£50 day) of it but it let to other things due to its contents.

Ive had laced skunk before that had white powder heroin in it and I know that for a fact, you just dont know what you are getting in skunk over here.

I think it should be a class B drug as some stuff can be quite strong, stronger than a class C drug should be anyway IMO.

I think that hash which isnt pollen (stonger than normal solid in the UK) should be a class C drug but good grades of weed such as White Widow and Purple Haze should be Class B but pollen is stronger than normal hashish Im skeptical what I would class that is, its an inbetween but never caused hallucinations such as walls shimmering that skunk caused.

Last edited:
Associate
If we legalised it then it would only be available to people over 18 so people under that age would at least have to try and get it. Dealers will sell to anyone, making it really easy to get hold of. Kids who are young tend to smoke and drink because they arnt allowed. If it wasnt so taboo then kids wouldnt want to try it so much. Thats my opinion anyway.

Its a difficult call but the main reason I think it should be legalised is because the police waste so much time on cannabis related incidents that are irrelevent in the grand scheme of things when they could focus their attentions on getting rid of the gang culture and thugs in the country. The news is so depressing right now. It seems every day there are numerous stabbings and shootings and the worst thing is that a lot of the perpatrators are 15 or younger. Give em a couple of eighths and some computer games and maybe they would chill a little :)

Last edited:
Richdog, just because you had problems with it doesn't mean that it is a dangerous drug.

The same could be said for you mate, just because you haven't had any problems with the drug doesn't mean that it's not a dangerous drug, I'd put my life on it that for a growing minority is is, there are millions of reported cases to back it up, just type 'cannabis mental health' into to google.

As stated many times it is the person who takes it that determines its effects and its use.

In the majority of cases this is true but there are a minority that cannot control the effects that the drug has on them, 'cannabis psychosis' being one of the more scary effects, again, google this for more information, don't just judge the drug by your own experiences.

There are no confirmed cases of anyone going mad and killing someone because of weed.

There are millions of cases are you blind ? (inregards to going mad)

As with everything it is up to the individual to moderate themselves. Some people shouldn't smoke weed and some people shouldn't drink alcohol and some people shouldn't drink milk. It doesn't mean that it is a bad substance. I think that it is the fault of the individual if they get drawn into something that effects them adversely. I don't think that many of the people that are anti-weed are tee-total. Hypocrites the lot of them. Alcohol is a lot worse in my view.

So you tell me how I should of moderated it then, I was a casual smoker, no bad effects at all to indicate that there would be an incompatibility with the drug, then one day, bosh, I enter into psychosis, because of that I will never be the same, every Doctor and every psychologist has said that it was most probably down to the cannabis, so don't ******* tell me that I could of known that was going to happen, yes I was stupid for doing drugs in any form but I had no way of knowing that was going to happen.

If individuals cant handle it then don't smoke it but don't make it out to be evil.

please :rolleyes:.

Associate
its true soo much police time is wasted on petty cannabis crimes. My mate got done for growing 1 plant in his room which was for personal use. He was a sound guy aswell and had a well paid job. People are getting shot and stabbed everyday but a lot of this can be prevented of the time spent on petty weed offences can be used to actually HELP people!

All this stuff about cannabis turning people into physcopathic killers is just BS stirred up by the tabloids who just want money.

This is the deciding question, which would you rather see, a street full of young drunk people throwing up and smashing up anything and everything or just a few mates sharing a joint, relaxed and having a good time minding there own business?