1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannabis - Best as a Class B or C

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by cosmogenesis, 28 Jul 2007.

1. fail at the internets

Mobster

Should be class C or not be illegal at all imo.

2. Richdog

Caporegime

I read that headline too... will be interesting to see if it's confirmed.

3. furnace

Mobster

What utter dribble. Of course yobs are likely to take drugs, it's a status thing.

Drugs don't turn people into yobs, but yobs will always take drugs. If you want to buy drugs, as it's so illegal/punishable to deal them, you often have to go to a yob who "just doesn't care" about the law to purchase them - hence your introduction to yob culture and, potentially, crime. All induced by the fact that Cannabis is illegal. And the legal status of Cannabis also pushes you into a crowd who are likely to have and deal other "harder" drugs.

If it were legal, it would be out of the hands of criminal gangs (do you buy beer from dealers? No, that's because shops sell it. Same would apply for Cannabis), the government could even set potency limits, etc.

4. cosmogenesis

Mobster

It hardly matters, what matters is that taking cannabis could push people into crime. Society always takes shortcuts to solve problems, hence the reason why it seldom gets things solved.

5. Teaf

Sgarrista

Should be legal in my opinion. I bet drink and regular smoking cause more deaths than smoking cannabis does. Although cannabis does have it's down point too, I smoked it myself for about 7 years and eventually ended up with it causing me have panic/anxiety attacks which I still get. Doesn't happen to many, such as halucination doesn't happen with many and never happened with me, but apparantly some do get halucinations whilst smoking it.

I think the only reason cannabis is associated with crime, is because it is illegal. If it was legal and you could actually go out and buy it from store / cafe or whatever then there's nothing illegal about it and it would drop it's links with crime, other than people bringing it into this country cheaply, but that happens with everything such as cigarettes and alcohol.

6. Inquisitor

Capodecina

It's just like this in Amsterdam: you don't go to your dealer to get cannabis; you go to the local café or coffee shop :)

7. jim5000

Wise Guy

The front page article in the Canterbury free paper this week is about a cottage that was busted with every room growing pot. They quoted a the guy who reported it to the police - 'I'm glad they found it, we need to reduce anti-social behaviour. I discovered it one night when I was walking home from the pub.'

8. furnace

Mobster

Anti social behaviour :rolleyes: Anti social, like growing tomatoes.

I know ("knew" anyway, not seen him for ages) someone who has "more than a few" plants, and he's the nicest guy (well, family actually). As a matter of fact, I bet they're nicer than a majority of families in this country. All for his own use, though.

9. EddScott

Sgarrista

I smoked cannabis for a long time and together with other drugs I took at the time, it really did have an affect on me. Panic attacks seem to be a regular thing for many.

Whether it should be re-classed, I'm not sure. I personally believe the very worst drug you can get is alcohol. It doesn't really take much to make you do things you wouldn't normally do and makes the majority much more agressive. Not one illegal drug I ever took made me agressive and although some did alter my behaviour, none of them had me doing things that I would do whilst drunk and none of them gave me memory loss or made me bed ridden for the day as alcohol does in large quantities.

I stopped for a number of reasons and although I will use them from time to time these days, what really puts me off is the quality. This country has the most appaling quality drugs I've ever seen. Block cannabis in particular is dreadful here. OK growing plants you can control whats in it but block has all sorts of rubbish.

10. 4Qman

Hitman

don't smoke it and never have, however my family does and it keeps them happy :D. End of day if they wasn't smoking POT then they would be drinking Beer. So either way both are as bad as each other.

I say Legalize it as Alcohol is as bad in my view.

11. Gonzo0

Wise Guy

Do the government not realise that they could legalise cannabis then tax it to high heaven and use the money from that to put into the NHS.

12. Meridian

Man of Honour

As soon as the government start taxing it, the smuggling begins. That puts cannabis back into the hands of criminals, which is what legalising it is intended to prevent.

M

13. Gonzo0

Wise Guy

Its impossible to stop smuggling, it happens with alcohol and fags alot.

Legalising greatly reduces the criminal involvement of cannabis. People no longer will need to go down dark alleys or meet up with dodgy people to get some.

14. Things change I've changed

Capodecina

people go down dark alleys to meet up with dodgy people to get cannabis :eek:, you should come to Newquay mate, you only need to shout "I'm looking for some weed" in the town centre and 9 times out of 10 somebody will deal you some there and then.