Cannabis - Best as a Class B or C

Soldato
Richdog said:
Gambling IS an addiction... lol!

Good God man what is wrong with you. I know people are addicted to gambling, just like people are addicted to eating fast food. The point is people are getting addicted to things that arent actually physically addictive.

This is a problem with the people themselves. If we are to look and classify things that people are getting addicted to then, we are going to classify things that have no right to be on that list because cartain people are unable to control themselves.

Why is it that some people can eat fast food once in a while and some cant help themseves and eat themselves into an early grave. Is it the food or is it the person ??

You may want to excuse weak behaviour but to blame evrything on the object and not on the person is an easy get out for the spineless.

The last point I was actually joking about habitual patterns.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Caporegime
Bear said:
Sorry but thats garbage, and it says more about you than the cannabis. It is very well known that cannabis is not physically addictive although it can be phsycologically, but so can anything be to the weak willed.
Balderdash (the bold).

Smoking is only physically addictive for up to 9 hours, yet we all haven't kicked the habit yet.

Caporegime
Bear said:
Good God man what is wrong with you. I know people are addicted to gambling, just like people are addicted to eating fast food. The point is people are getting addicted to things that arent actually physically addictive.

This is a problem with the people themselves. If we are to look and classify things that people are getting addicted to then, we are going to classify things that have no right to be on that list because cartain people are unable to control themselves.

Why is it that some people can eat fast food once in a while and some cant help themseves and eat themselves into an early grave. Is it the food or is it the person ??

You may want to excuse weak behaviour but to blame evrything on the object and not on the person is an easy get out for the spineless.

The last point I was actually joking about habitual patterns.
Even more balderdash.

Soldato
Dj_Jestar said:
Balderdash (the bold).

Smoking is only physically addictive for up to 9 hours, yet we all haven't kicked the habit yet.

Really so why do people smoke then if its only addictive for 9 hours ?? Hell most would have passed the addiction phase just by going to sleep :rolleyes:

Soldato
I think we need to draw a distinction between addictive and habit forming. While there is physiological addiction to Cannabis, it can definitely become habit forming in some people.

The word addiction is thrown around far too much for my liking, and I don’t mean in this thread. Addiction is often used as an excuse for weak-willed behaviour. When this behaviour is officially termed an addiction, it seems to relinquish a certain amount of responsibility for the behaviour. “I can’t help it, I’m addicted.” I don’t think gambling for example can be termed as a real addiction.

Soldato
Richdog said:
You don't, but the medical world do. Hmm, who to trust... :D
If gambling is classed as an addiction, then I think a whole gamut of other things must be too. Playing Warcraft or other games springs to mind.

But we digress.

Associate
wasnt the cannabis but its what else they put in to make it look like a bigger deal,had some stuff that had been soaked in diesel,bits of plastic and made me paranoid but the stuff ive had for last 2 years is champion,been a regular for 15 years.....bit of the opposit coz i look after people with paranoia schizophrenia and depression etc n im not like them.....i hope.lol

Associate
but i only smoke it to wind down after a 14 hour shift,have 1 then go to bed,should be legal but have same laws as alcohol,driving,working under the influence etc

cosmogenesis said:
Ruin, how exactly m8 ?

Mental disorders, constant paronia, schizophrenia etc, I've been saying this for years, even I myself will never be the same again after smoking that stuff, cannibis is a silent and deadly mind killer, you can smoke it for years and think your fine then years down the line you start to lose the plot, very dangerous drug, I know people that have got off heroine and been completely fine but for many that leave cannabis the after effects stay with you for the rest of your life.

Soldato
With some people it does I agree but I doubt all of them. I know people who have smoked it for 20 years with no apparant ill effects or so they say.

Soldato
lowrider007 said:
Mental disorders, constant paronia, schizophrenia etc, I've been saying this for years, even I myself will never be the same again after smoking that stuff, cannibis is a silent and deadly mind killer, you can smoke it for years and think your fine then years down the line you start to lose the plot, very dangerous drug, I know people that have got off heroine and been completely fine but for many that leave cannabis the after effects stay with you for the rest of your life.

oh cool thanks mr peer reviewed scientific study

Caporegime
lowrider007 said:

PMSL what a load of utter *****:p...ive yet to see any sort of long term effects that you posted above and yes i have watched those utterly stupid talk to Frank ads that were doing the rounds a few months ago.

Personally ive been smoking cannabis for almost 12 yrs on and off...i smoked it literally every day from the age of 18 to 25 then gave it up for a good 7 yrs and it hasnt given me any sort of paranoia, mental disorders etc etc. If anything perhaps my memory isnt as great as it used to be but i dont blame that on cannabis...blame it on old age:p. I still smoke it now and again and i enjoy a good fat joint tbh, it doesnt cause me to go off my trolley like alcohol would...hell id rather be stoned than out drunken and disorderly anytime of the week. At least im not causing anyone harm other than my lungs.

Addictive??..highly unlikely i think..habit forming most probably.

My personal opinion is to ban alcohol or classify it as Class B or C, as it wrecks far more lives than smoking a joint could ever do.

/\ don't care, I know what I've seen with my own eyes, I know it does'nt happen to everybody but it does happen, whether you choose to beleive it or not is up to you.

edit - also just to clarify, I've not said that it's addictive and also I've not said it's worse than alcohol.

Last edited:
Caporegime
lowrider007 said:

Agree 100%, i've seen and experienced it myself. And i've also seen that the ones who say "cannabis is great and doesn't harm anyone" are the ones who are not affected by it in the slightest. Well ok great, good for you guys, but just bear in mind that is DOES have a very negative effect for many people.

The effects are well known now and are being brought to the fore by experts studying the long-term effects of the drug... hence why we now have experts making new headlines about the serious long-term affects it can have. In a few years we'll know more or less exactly what the effects are on the brain.

Last edited: