Cannabis - Best as a Class B or C

Soldato
I use to smoke cannabis heavily though now I avoid it like the plague because it gets me very paranoid. I know lots of other people who do the same. Strange thing is all my friends, and me as well sometimes, that will avoid cannabis will happily snort cocaine. Cannabis can assist it bringing about schizophrenia because one of my firends developed it after smoking lots of it over a long period of time. Saying that he was never quite there to begin with.

Anyway I think all this debate over classification is pointless. People will smoke it regardless if they choose to. It does however make gullable people think the politicians are doing something to tackle drugs when in fact they are doing nothing and realisticaly are unable to do anything whatsoever. If our politicians were really concerned about the damage drugs are doing to society they shouldn't be debating about cannabis classification but instead looking at how our citys have increasingly been flooded with more and more Crack and Heroin over the past 7-8 years or so and how widespread there use is.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm a smoker myself, have been for the last 16-17yrs. TBH I appreciate the troubles cannabis can cause some people to endure, but I also believe a lot of that can be attributed to the smokers mental state(health) prior to smoking.

I've smoked hash virtually everyday since I was 14yrs old, but never get paranoid or suffer from panic attacks and such like, 'cept for when I can't get a bit ofcourse.

As far as hash "leading you onto harder drugs", isn't that the same with virtually every vice in existence? You bet on the lottery & greyhound racing, or play bingo...you win - you lose....you start betting on horses. Or you enjoy skateboarding, then you try snowboarding and wakeboarding, then perhaps abseiling and a little base jumping for the extra addrenalin. I'm not saying everyone would do this, but then neither would everyone who tries smoking hash move onto harder drugs. It's down to the individual at hand.

Whilst I would never encourage someone to smoke hash (nor anything else for that matter), I also wouldn't look down on them supposing they decided to do so.
Sure smoking is bad for you....but then LIFE is fu**in' bad for you :D

Associate
I don't understand why they can't just keep the laws the same at the minute except you can only smoke it in a cafe/home that has a license; you already need a license to grow it, so why not a license to have it smoked on your premises?

Surely the government realises theres gold in that little plant?

As for the pressure on the NHS etc etc, surely if it is taxed properly then the NHS would see positive gains i.e. more spending etc

If you take into consideration that most people smoke it in a joint, then not only would they get the tax from the cannabis, they would get it for the tobacco as well?

I don't know any people who smoke it and turn into mainiacs or do bad things the same as they would if they were drinking instead, your state of mind has a lot to do with how you react to it (personal experience) I have always been a nervous person but it doesn't make me more nervous, nor does it make me want to take pills and go on a drug spree either.

Whoever may be against it, would you also be up for criminalising alcohol as well?

Man of Honour
Because the UK is a signatory to the 1961 UN Convention on Narcotic Substances, which says that the countries involved will make certain drugs illegal. The list is long, but cannabis is one of them. That is why the Netherlands have decriminalised, not legalised: it is still illegal to possess cannabis over there, but generally the police won't do anything about small quantities etc.

M

Soldato
Richdog said:
Class B... I smoked it solid for 4 years and in that time it more to screw my head up than anything else i've ever tried. It is HIGHLY addictive and will find whatever chinks in your mental armour it can and blow them wide open. My character changed completely, and it took me a good two years to fully recover after I quit.
Thing thing that always worry me was my friends saying they weren't addicted and could stop at anytime. Why the 4am drives to find a dealer then? And the violence and panic when they couldn't. Sounds like an addiction to me.

Caporegime
jdickerson said:
Thing thing that always worry me was my friends saying they weren't addicted and could stop at anytime. Why the 4am drives to find a dealer then? And the violence and panic when they couldn't. Sounds like an addiction to me.

Classic sig tbh, cannabis smokers are often the biggest "in denial" group you can find. They just regurgitate the same "it's not harmful or addictive" rubbish until they convince themselves it's true, all the time never realising the real affect it's having on them. That's the dan ger of the stuff... you get soo "used" to feeling the way you feel that you can't remember feeling any other way. :)

Associate
some can handle a smoke, some cant... I have smoked for 17 years, and not crappy resin either, always smoke skunk... however I do beleive some people shouldnt touch it at all... Its a personal thing, can i handle it or should i leave it.. The biggest problem with pot is, it seems to open the doors to other drugs, which inevitebaly lead a lot of people into trouble. Education is the key, not re-classification and persecuting people that do use it.

Beer is another good one, how many problems does beer cause, how many deaths etc...

I think other things like Ketamin should be re-cassified, as its doing its round everywhere - and lets face it horse tranqs are bad news... like acid... surley this stuffs causing more problmes than pot will ever do...

Richdog said:
Classic sig tbh, cannabis smokers are often the biggest "in denial" group you can find. They just regurgitate the same "it's not harmful or addictive" rubbish until they convince themselves it's true, all the time never realising the real affect it's having on them. That's the dan ger of the stuff... you get soo "used" to feeling the way you feel that you can't remember feeling any other way. :)

hmmm i cant disagree more tbh, i smoke, but i dont smoke all day every day, i run a shop with my family, i have 2 kids, 2 cars, a mortgage on a 4 bedroom house, i use pot to "chill" out in the evening I DONT DRINK... as that turns me into a complete idiot like 90% of the people up town ervery friday and saturday night.. these are the people i avoid by chilling and having a smoke. Im sure alcohol can cause more pyscological problems than pot could ever do... alchoholism kills more than heroin and crack put together.

its down to peoples personal traits, some people have addicitve personalitys, some people are daft to themselves, you need to know when to use rec' drugs and when not too...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Neal said:
hmmm i cant disagree more tbh, i smoke, but i dont smoke all day every day, i run a shop with my family, i have 2 kids, 2 cars, a mortgage on a 4 bedroom house, i use pot to "chill" out in the evening

Fine, you're not addicted - now prove it by not smoking for a month.

M

Man of Honour
Skunkworks said:
Don't post for a month, and prove to me you're not addicted to these forums.

I suppose I'm opening myself up for something when I point out that my average post rate is a tad over two posts a day. Am I addicted though? probably - I certainly wouldn't deny it. Unlike some of the pot smokers here. I never claimed to be addiction free, in fact I'm one of those arguing that psycological addiction is no different in effect to physical addiction.

M

Soldato
Meridian said:
Am I addicted though? probably - I certainly wouldn't deny it. Unlike some of the pot smokers here.
Do you think you have an actual addiction, or is there a difference between an addiction and just doing something you enjoy doing?

Man of Honour
The difference is not "would they" but "could they"? I know that in twenty years the longest I've gone without alcohol is about four days. I'm not an alcoholic, because I rarely exceed two units a day, but I would struggle to go a week without alcohol unless there was a strong incentive (illness etc). Am I addicted? At least to some degree. I suspect the situation is very similar for those people you describe: it's not just a question of wanting to drinking because they like it. I like it, but that's not the only reason I do it think.

M

Soldato
For me yes I could even after many years of smoking, just like I didnt smoke when I went to work. It was only during my free time, I smoked virtually everyday because I could as I enjoyed it.

Permabanned
I myself smoke.

Skunk/Resin can casue problems just as drink can. I think we should all draw a line in the sand.

In my opinion if your smoking every hour of the day and night you've got a problem. Everything in proportion, just the same if you got drunk all day everyday.

Like many others I would have a smoke in the evening when I have finished worked. I have on occasions had a smoke in the morning before I going to work and it numbs you to the world around therefore I would say that it is not appropriate to smoke 24/7.

To echo the sentiments of others I would chose to smoke over drink everytime as I turn into an idiot when drunk. If I'm stoned im more likely to make a midnight fry up. (wheres the danger in that?)

It's a personel chose in the end. The goverment should take steps to make it safer to smoke, if I could go and buy a standardised weight and strength of Resin/Skunk from a shop I would chose to but it that way everytime. At the moment in Northern Ireland all the drugs are supplied by the IRA/UDA/UVF etc etc so everytime I buy some I am indirectly putting money in the pocket of terrorists.

Think of all those extra taxes that could be diverted away from criminal gangs and directed towards the NHS or whatever.

Caporegime
Bear said:
Perhaps then you could actually construct an arguement instead of retarded one liners, after all this is a forum for debate. You have not added anything accept BS, now try to string a few sentances together so that there is something to discuss.

If you have nothing to debate then at least construct a couple of sentances why you think its balderdash or that I may be really that stupid.
Let's spell it out for you, then.

The physical addiction to Nicotine is only 9 hours. So, class, what other type of addiction must there be to make Smoking considered such a highly addictive activity?

Soldato
Dj_Jestar said:
Let's spell it out for you, then.

The physical addiction to Nicotine is only 9 hours. So, class, what other type of addiction must there be to make Smoking considered such a highly addictive activity?

Well that is the point of debate isnt it, you set out your opinion and people debate it. If you put nothing then its pointless, pretty much like most of your posts in here, so yes you have to spell it out else no one knows what your stance is ;).

Its going to be a psychological one, so whats your point ?? Have you even re-read what you were say balderdash to ?? You were replying to my post that weak willed people could get addicted to pretty much anything which you disagreed with :confused:

Then you came out with your smoking BS. Yes if smoking is only addictive for 9 hours (actually I didnt know this), then past this time they shouldnt have the physical need, and if they still need to smoke then its a psychological and habitual thing. It would be a lack of will power and not the physical need to smoke. You say why we all haven't kicked the habit yet ? I would say some dont want to and some are too weak to give up but you dont accept that. So what is your explanation ??

Last edited:
Caporegime
Bear said:
Then you came out with your smoking BS. Yes if smoking is only addictive for 9 hours (actually I didnt know this), then past this time they shouldnt have the physical need, and if they still need to smoke then its a psychological and habitual thing. It would be a lack of will power and not the physical need to smoke. You say why we all haven't kicked the habit yet ? I would say some dont want to and some are too weak to give up but you dont accept that. So what is your explanation ??

Your body may not still physically need nicotine, but your brain does... and starts crying out for it for long after the 9 hours. It changes your brain and is one of the hardest of all addictions to break.

Soldato
Richdog said:
Your body may not still physically need nicotine, but your brain does... and starts crying out for it for long after the 9 hours. It changes your brain and is one of the hardest of all addictions to break.

If it does indeed do as you say and changes your brain then it is physical surely and that woud be understandable. If I am taking what you say too literally then I apologise as I tend to take what people say at face value.

If what you say is people cannot resist the urge due to habitual patterns then, I would say it again, its only down to the lack of will power in the same way that certain people cannot say no if a bar of chocolate was put in front of them.

Psychological addiction whilst very real (I never disputed that) is IMO down to having a weak will. If it wasnt then the effects would be the same for virtually everyone which it isnt. So what makes some people more able to say no than others ?? I suppose some would come out with the addictive personality story but it isnt something I buy into although some might.

Caporegime
But it changes your brain... so it's not JUST "will-power", you're also fighting against your brain chemistry that has changed. It's not half as simple as you're trying to make out.