Canned food aeroplane

Associate
Hi all,

Just a quick question, going on holiday soon (flying) and i want to know if I am allowed to take tins of curry and tuna in my hold luggage?

Thanks

Soldato
Generally the airline won’t care but isome countries do not allow certain produces to be brought in and depending on where you;re going you will have to declare your goods , undeclared goods may be confiscated and banned goods will definitely be taken from you and you could be fined

Associate
/edit - ignore me. You said hold luggage, I missed that bit. I don’t know.

Edited; just done the same!

May also be an issue with the quantity in one container, a couple of months ago in Birmingham airport I had a bottle of hair gel confiscated as it was over 100ml, I forgot to pack it in with the cargo and threw it into my hand luggage. Seemed strange though as I was able to buy exactly the same thing in one of the shops at the airport once I'd been through customs.

Soldato
Don’t go to France and bring tins of curry and tuna with you. Please.

Unless you’re planning on roughing it in the wilds miles away from civilisation you’ll find food is usually very reasonably priced so the savings are negligible if non existent.

And tinned curry, Jesus man who actually eats that crap!?

Caporegime
France? It’s not like you got to suffer eating bugs for 3 weeks in the jungle or frozen rations in the Antarctic.

Enjoy some fresh bread, cheese, meat and all the great french cuisine.

I’m sure you can eat cheap by going to the local supermarkets too instead of restaurant but please don’t bring tinned curry with you.

Caporegime
Don’t go to France and bring tins of curry and tuna with you. Please.

Unless you’re planning on roughing it in the wilds miles away from civilisation you’ll find food is usually very reasonably priced so the savings are negligible if non existent.

And tinned curry, Jesus man who actually eats that crap!?
I used to eat it all the time when I was carp fishing. Tinned curry, stew, Bolognese. My favourite was Stagg Dynamite chilli. My bivvy was very windy at night time :p

Back
Top Bottom