Cannot update GA-Z77-D3H bios

Soldato
Hi.

On F7 at the moment and trying to get F18 on.

Qflash doesn't work as the new version is nearly 4mb and I believe I have to use @BIOS this one time and can then use Qflash afterwards.

I know I have got the correct mobo revision (1.0) and I know I shouldn't really use @BIOS but it doesn't work anyway.

@BIOS reports incorrect bios size and I am using version 2.28 of @BIOS (I have tried different links as I have heard there are a couple of versions knocking about.

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

Soldato
OP
Thanks. All good.

I wasn't extracting the file I was trying to use the archive to update :D

I've done a load of bios updates as well in the past!

ps is there any way to see the changes through from F7?

Associate
yes,mouse freezing in bios,and windows problems,stuff stops working,blue screens on idle and i been stressing with prime and never failed, been on the gigabyte forum and lots with the same problem,got a few things to try and then if no good its rma time,i have been recommended this board off members on this site too!

Caporegime
have you tried the latest beta bios from tweaktown forum? for things not working esp at startup,things like ccc not loading that can be down to cpu voltage too low even if it passes prime 95,i found that to be the case,soon as i upped my dvid a few clicks problems went away

also raising the cpu vtt from stock 1.05v to 1.06v can help,and manually typing in 100 into the bclk/pcie clock

heres full list of latest beta bios

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html

Associate
are betas any good though,i will try what you suggest,had motherboard for ten days now,starting fron scratch tonight,just installing windows again as we speak !!!

Caporegime
yes,i used them for three years with my x58 ud5 board,and using one on my z77x up4 th board,it fixed those niggles with mine and its been flawless since,never had an issue with a beta bios in all that time,if you do get an issue simply flash back to your previous bios

Back
Top Bottom