1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon 6D MK II: Zoom Lens Recommendation?

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Shampoo, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Shampoo

Hitman

Brother has this camera and has instructed me to garner advice on the best lens for his needs. I've been told that the focus will be architecture/city shooting and something around 135~300mm telephoto.

Can some folk chime in with a good recommendation. Thanks.

2. Columbo

Sgarrista

Focal range seems strange for architecture and city work but the easiest suggestion is obligatory 70-200mm lens.

Canon do either an f2.8 or f4 both of which are excellent with the f4 being quite a bit cheaper and lighter, Sigma and Tamron also do their own versions which are good but have some trade offs.
    He could also look at the Sigma 100-400mm C or the Canon 100-400mm which are both superb but I believe the Sigma is really quite a piece of glass.

3. Steeps

Mobster

I love the photos from my 100-400mk2 on full frame but it's not exactly a small lens, last time I used my Sigma 70-200 in London I was using it more on the 70mm side than the 200, again at f2.8 it's not small but second hand is cheap.

4. Shampoo

Hitman

Can you do me a favour and link me to that specific Sigma 100-400mm c on the rainforest. Not PC-related so shouldn't be an issue for the forum mods. I just don't want to forward him the wrong link by mistake!

It'll work with his EOS 6D Mark II out the box no worries?

5. Columbo

Sgarrista

6. Steeps

Mobster

Sigma "DG" lenses will work on full frame and crop cameras so it will work fine, Sigma "DC" lenses will only work on crop.

7. Shampoo

Hitman

Thanks, gents. Bought.