Canon 90d - Canon's 80d/7dii Replacement "leak"

Soldato
The much awaited 90d. So here's the specs

32.5MP APS-C CMOS sensor, 10 fps, and can shoot 4K video at 30p with no crop.

Here's a Northrup video:

So he summarises that it falls shorts on most specs and the only thing is could potentially excel at is wildlife and sports.

Good thing I shoot wildlife then. Though I'm not sure if it really is that competitive with some of Sony's offerings. The official presentation is on the 28th August.

I'd be interested so see it's dynamic range, AF abilities and how it handles noise. I'm not really sure what Canon's game plan is atm.

The 32.5MP is a decent step up but its not all about the MPs............

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'd rather get a A6500 (I think you can get it for like £650 at the moment) and put a 70-200/100-400/400/600 on that if you want reach.

It is a less crop than the Canon, it has better AF, cheaper..sure it's less MP but it's not about MP like you said.

It's too similar to the dated 7dii which is what I have.
Tbh if I was going to go Sony I would prob go A9. Just waiting to see what A9ii has to offer.

My main issue is all the canon glass I have. I was considering the 500mmii which you can pick up for circa £6k. Sony's prime (obv it's new) is £14k.

Caporegime
It's too similar to the dated 7dii which is what I have.
Tbh if I was going to go Sony I would prob go A9. Just waiting to see what A9ii has to offer.

My main issue is all the canon glass I have. I was considering the 500mmii which you can pick up for circa £6k. Sony's prime (obv it's new) is £14k.

You can adapt it but before you go in with both feet, it would be wise to test it out with a body first and see.

And

And

Associate
£6k for the Canon 500 II? Nice, I wonder what I'll get for my Canon 600 II :cool:

Adapted a9 (ie using Canon glass with Sigma adapter) is not the ideal set up for bif. Doable if you can prefocus then get on to your target but not what I'd want to rely on long term, especially as if (when) you miss it will cycle through the whole focal range and the moment is long gone. For slow stuff (eg birds swimming or walking about) or more static, closer stuff it's great though care still needed not to miss with the AF.

Soldato
OP
£6k for the Canon 500 II? Nice, I wonder what I'll get for my Canon 600 II :cool:

Adapted a9 (ie using Canon glass with Sigma adapter) is not the ideal set up for bif. Doable if you can prefocus then get on to your target but not what I'd want to rely on long term, especially as if (when) you miss it will cycle through the whole focal range and the moment is long gone. For slow stuff (eg birds swimming or walking about) or more static, closer stuff it's great though care still needed not to miss with the AF.

Yeah exactly.

You're switching over right? I'm less interested on static shots these days. What are you going for? Has your flickr been updated with sony images yet? You've got a decent page so would be interested to see how you manage.

Caporegime
Looks half decent on first look, however this is Canon - what have they chopped off :p?

Edit - hahahaha that didn't take long. Sony announcing the A6600 right now.

Edit - and a A6100

Last edited:

And

And

Associate
Landscapes aside, I've been using the a9 + adapter + 600 II and the a9 + 100-400GM since April.

You're switching over right? I'm less interested on static shots these days. What are you going for? Has your flickr been updated with sony images yet? You've got a decent page so would be interested to see how you manage.

--------

More importantly the a9 V6 firmware is coming next month :D

Looks half decent on first look, however this is Canon - what have they chopped off :p?

Edit - hahahaha that didn't take long. Sony announcing the A6600 right now.

Edit - and a A6100

Back
Top Bottom