Canon S3IS / G6 Or Fujifilm S5800 - Best for outdoor work?

Associate
Hi.

Off to California in September and want to take a camera as my Phone camera wont be adequate.

I can get a Canon S3IS or a G6(both 2nd hand) or a Fujifilm S5800 brand new for circa £100 squids.

Ive always liked the G range of Canons myself, been recommended the S3IS and the S5800 so would appreciate some real world opinions of the possible choices above. Im also open to other suggestions...

Thanks,

Perry.

NB. Will be picyures of mates and places in and around LA and Las Vegas and San Fran and also lots of landscape shots...

Ta!

Associate
Not sure on the other camera but I have had lots of decent outdoor shots on the S3 IS.
Not sure if that helps, but all I have!

Soldato
For landscapes you would want camera with wide angle instead of those 38mm unwide angles.
G6 has slightly better 35mm wide angle but can you make anykind list of cameras you could get for price you can afford?

Associate
I'd recommend a G6 or S3IS. I owned a Canon G3 and now have an S5IS - both produce great shots, with the image quality of the G models probably being better. The S3IS has a longer zoom so it depends what's important to you.

I owned a Fujifilm model and returned it in under a month as I didn't like it, and I didn't like it. Images were very noisy and there was no proper live-view.

Click on my Flickr or www.holeinmyhead.co.uk if you want to see some shots with the Canon models.

Associate
S3 IS was my first 'creative' digital camera and I got on well with it, highly recommended

If you are feeling adventurous there is also the option to enhance the firmware to unlock several features that are suppressed in the S3 (e.g. ability to shoot RAW, longer/faster shutter speeds etc. etc.)

I'll actually be advertising a S3 IS bundle for sale very soon, feel free to drop me an email if you're interested (hotmail address in trust) and I'll let you know where & when it's listed

Back
Top Bottom