Can't believe it, someone tried stealing our cars :(

Soldato
Prison should be hard. Human rights? Nope you lost those when you broke the law. You knew you where doing it so thats that. No TV etc. just a bed and an exercise area.

Soldato
Prison should be hard. Human rights? Nope you lost those when you broke the law. You knew you where doing it so thats that. No TV etc. just a bed and an exercise area.

Try explaining that to our lefty counterparts...

Edit: In fact, I might bung devvo a grand to go and steal/joyride/burn out hurf's car, before breaking into his house, violating his wife and dog and legging it with his TV whilst shouting 'waaaaaaah ****head' through his burberry balaclava and see how hurf feels then.

In fact every criminal apologist should go through this just to see how it feels to be the victim of a crime and perhaps they'd change their ridiculous point of view.

I remember having my first car broken into and a very personal zippo (18th birthday gift) being stolen along with other things... I'd have happily kicked the stool out from under the **** who did it.

Last edited:
Soldato
In shock by this still, got woken up at 3:30am on Thursday morning by someone trying to prise off our kitchen window with a crowbar! They've made quite a mess of it, bending a lot of the plastic around it and damaging the brickwork too.

Went downstairs after hearing the banging and they saw me and ran off before I could get a description of them so unfortunately Police had little to go off (Who were excellent by the way, had 3+ cars round within 5 minutes and CSI shortly after).

We initially though they were after either my father's or my car as those were the ones on the driveway and both keys were on display in the kitchen :( Follow up officer spoke to us today and confirmed that they were most likely after mine as they'd had a surge of people in the area having ST's/Seat FR's etc targeted by thieves looking to steal then strip them of unique parts. It's certainly taken the shine off owning my ST now as I already worried about it (Just think back to Overlag's car getting stripped in a car park) and its even worse now, worrying they'll just come back and tear bits off instead.

We're going to be fitting a CCTV system in the next week or two and a motion light on the drive, hopefully be a big deterrent.

Just reminds me what a **** country we live in, I thought my car was quite safe as we live in a relatively rural area but still have problems with the scum in our city :mad:

Sorry to hear that. What area of Sheffield are you in?

Soldato

Edit: In fact, I might bung devvo a grand to go and steal/joyride/burn out hurf's car, before breaking into his house, violating his wife and dog and legging it with his TV whilst shouting 'waaaaaaah ****head' through his burberry balaclava and see how hurf feels then.

In fact every criminal apologist should go through this just to see how it feels to be the victim of a crime and perhaps they'd change their ridiculous point of view.

I remember having my first car broken into and a very personal zippo (18th birthday gift) being stolen along with other things... I'd have happily kicked the stool out from under the **** who did it.

Agreed, I had things stolen while I was in the house. It ***** with you for ages,

Associate

What happens when you live in a country that has silly things that are against the law? Do they lose all human rights too? The Government should be free to dish out torture on its own citizens?

Soldato
What happens when you live in a country that has silly things that are against the law? Do they lose all human rights too? The Government should be free to dish out torture on its own citizens?

Such as giving ME the suspended sentence for "Threatening Behaviour" when catching a local scrote lifting my stereo out of the flat, whilst I happened to have a 14" cleaver in my hand (was genuinely cooking at the time!)

I took the sentence over being made to plead guilty and giving the junkie bar steward an apology and compo for his "Trauma"... (Benefits of self-employment and not requiring a background check for anything!)

So "Nuts!" to anyone suggesting our judicial system always works in the right way!

Soldato

Lol come at me bro

Soldato
Sounds like you'd put up a fight?

+1...

I challenge anyone (without serious training), to react the way they thought they might when faced with a potentially dangerous situation!
Net-Bravado aside, when the adrenalin gets pumping and the Fight/Flight mechanics kick in, most people will be left shaken and bemused.

I was - didn't even realise I still had the cleaver in my shaking hands, when faced with an intruder - something I later regretted, since I got punished for it anyway...

Soldato
So would I, I wouldn't think twice about inflicting serious damage and trauma on someone trying to violate my property.

I questioned hurf as his response made it sound like he would put up a fight, whereas he firmly believes that criminals should be treated with wooly justice - it would be quite the hypocracy if it were the case.

Soldato
So would I, I wouldn't think twice about inflicting serious damage and trauma on someone trying to violate my property.

I questioned hurf as his response made it sound like he would put up a fight, whereas he firmly believes that criminals should be treated with wooly justice - it would be quite the hypocracy if it were the case.

How is defending oneself from immediate and eminent danger even remotely comparable to how we as society treat criminals long after the fact and after a trial?

The simplicity of the ill educated right wing nut jobs who go against all documented social research astounds me.

Soldato
Documented social research such as... we have soft as **** prisons, incompetent judges and **** loads of crime and a population unhappy at lenient sentencing. Good job. <golfclap>

Soldato
Documented social research such as... we have soft as **** prisons, incompetent judges and **** loads of crime and a population unhappy at lenient sentencing. Good job. <golfclap>

No, more like academic peer reviewed papers showing the correlation throughout America and Europe that areas that focus on rehabilitation have much lower crime rates and social cohesion Vs places like Texas and the UK that have high rates of crime and low social cohesion because we insist on punishment over actually addressing the real problems crime highlight.

So what if a population is unhappy at lenient sentencing, if we based things on what the "population" thought we would be in a real sorry state. People are idiots. I would much rather live in a country with soft sentencing and a focus on rehabilitation (which costs much less than prison in the first place anyway) with a lower crime rate, than one with a higher rate of crime but I get to go to sleep knowing that someone who has unfortunately had to resort to crime for what ever reason, is being locked up in a prison cell.

Associate
but I get to go to sleep knowing that someone who has unfortunately had to resort to crime for what ever reason, is being locked up in a prison cell.

I think this is a fair point because all these people were talking about obviously live in a society where people dont get given a roof over their heads and food on the table and the people were talking about have been driven to breaking into someones house and stealing their propety to pay for food and clean water...oh no wait thats not right is it, that berk decided he would take advantage of a functioning member of society, intimidate them in their own home so he can have a laugh or get money for drugs.

Good times, our soft system doesnt really seem to be working all that well with its rehabilitation.

Hawker

Permabanned
having worked in a prison for the last 9 years, there is very little in terms of actually rehabilitation, what we did have has now been cut, prison is going back to just locking them up thanks to idiot budget cuts, it doesn't work you can't argue it any other way, the reason prison doesn't work is because we spend all day telling people what to do and how to live, then we let them go and they have no idea how to make pro-social decisions using their own mind, we need to make prison much more like life on the outside

Back
Top Bottom