cant Decide. tuono or z750

Associate
Hello.
I have had a z1000 and loved it. had the 2007 and 2011 versions.
using a sv1000s at the moment.
looking at a 2010 z750 or a 2007 Aprilia Tuono.
what do you think would be best. insurance is not a problem both cheap for me.
thanks in response.

Both same price.

Soldato
You couldn't really get 2 more different bikes, they're both naked and that's where the similarities end.

The tuono is much better specced (100x so if you get a factory version for £500 - 1000 more), it'll be annoying in heavy traffic but amazing on open roads, the handling is superb and the amount of mid range grunt is extremely good.

The z750 will be a typical IL4, not a huge amount low down but a higher rpm limit and top end power. Lots more budget components Vs the Tuono, remember this was Aprilias top of the range naked bike based on theirr sportsbike of the time. Oh and the z750 is probably more comfortable, the tuono has sportsbike peg position.

The Kawasaki will likely be more reliable too, be prepared for some 'teething issues' with any Italian bike.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you need any tips of things to check let me know, if you can stretch to a factory version for the extra £500-1000 it's WELL worth it, the extras you get are about £2k's worth in used parts.

Coming from 600RR the low down torque will be.. a shock :D

Soldato
Yer I'm a z750 owner (albeit an older one) and it's great for what it is, a cheap commuter hack. Tuono is a different league!

Very easy choice. The Z750 is a pretty poor motorcycle.

Harsh, the original did well in most group tests against similar machines of the era, Fazer, hornet, etc but yes showing its age now. The newer 2007+ didn't change that much mechanically if I remember correctly.

Caporegime
This is a bit like asking if you should buy an A3 S-line or an Aventador. One is built on a budget to be reliable and good at what it does and for relatively little wedge. The other is an Italian exotic which will reward you in ways you didn't even know existed and make you want to tear your hair out when it goes wrong. Which bike to buy depends on where your priorities lie really.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Curve ball but what do you think of the sv1000? toying with the idea of getting one for a project street fighter.
Its a 1000cc V-Twin that spits flames like mad, what's not to like lol :p

This wasn't even rev bombing it, only blip the throttle and it spat flames like this. :eek::cool::D
56578678.jpg

A V4 would be double the budget.
My neighbour bought the Tuono V4, lately when the weather was nice I could hear that marvellous V4 roar. I also heard the fail wheelie attempts down the road...

Soldato
Curve ball but what do you think of the sv1000? toying with the idea of getting one for a project street fighter.

They're rare and stopped being made in 2007 sadly. Try and find an 05-07 plate one that hasn't been butchered is my advice. Many on sale have already been "dealt with", usually by muppets.

You'll have better luck with the SV1000S, sell the top fairing and light cluster and put the money towards modding.

Soldato
I had a Tl1000 was a right nasty ******* of motorcycle but fun and challenging to ride would have another for sure.

The TL will bite you if your half asleep but that was part of the fun owning one.

Back
Top Bottom