Can't do 200mph then go home!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

A real good video here, of some real nice cars. :)
http://www.roadandtrack.com/video/

Yeah the Veyron gets beaten but that Vipers looks undrivable and needs an expert to not only launch it but drive it too. Wheras with the Veyron its a doddle to drive in comparison. Plus I am guessing a Viper with that amount of power will simply just crash at the first corner it sees.

P.S. The video first plays a 42s clip and then starts playing the main video, so make sure you watch it all. :)

Associate
Brilliant video, it shows just what an amazing car the Veyron is. As for the Viper, well, anyone can get 1000BHP out of a car, but putting that power onto the road and creating a car which can be used every day in every situation is another matter.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Skree said:
Having suspension designed in the last hundred years would help...

Would that be an oh-so-subtle dig at the Viper's inate American-ness?

If so - double wishbones, coils over tube shocks front and back. Unless I'm very much mistaken, that style of suspension isn't considered to be overly prehistoric. If not - my apologies :)

Associate
It compares a stock supercar (the Veyron) against a heavily tuned musclecar, so its not really surprising the Viper wins. I wonder if superchips are offering a deal on a Veyron remap yet ;)

I was interested to know what time a Forumla 1 does the 0-200mph blast in. Looking around on the web, I see a few sites indicating its around 15 seconds, which is pretty incredible really considering its a small natually aspirated engine!

Soldato
Watching the veyron pull away is jaw dropping, so fast :eek:

The viper is obviously pretty insane, but it hardly looks a everyday car.

Back
Top Bottom