Can't even have a picture full of white people these days...

Caporegime
What's even more sad is if you have in a room:

A white Englishman
A white Scotsman
A white Irishman
A white Dane
A white Swede
A white German
A white Frenchman
A white Finn
A white Norwegian
A white Italian
A white Spaniard
etc etc.

It would not be classed as diverse.
This sounds like the lead up to the best joke ever :mad:

Caporegime
Yep, i've noticed this in the last few years, what's interesting that it's always a black person (usually male) and white (usually female), but not a single Asian or Oriental person
How does your Chinese partner feel about that Rob? Does she have different views to your previous partner from Thailand? Is there much disparity in views between 'Orientals' ?

Caporegime
they did this at local village music event a number of years ago, they printed a leaflet with a nice multicultal family sitting on the village green enjoying themselves. 2 mins of googling found the stock photo that they had photo shopped onto a picture taken from the previous years event.

pathetic, i emailed the event organisers asking for an explanation........ never got a reply!

SAD!
Sadder and more pathetic than you taking such offence to the picture that you searched for the stock image? :D

Soldato
How does your Chinese partner feel about that Rob? Does she have different views to your previous partner from Thailand? Is there much disparity in views between 'Orientals' ?

For the last time, i never had a partner from Thailand, but then you've always been hard of learning :D

As for my Chinese wife, in Hollywood up until the last few years unless your name was Lucy Liu (and most of the time even then), Oriental women always there to be killed off and my wife noticed this. But since China is now a big market for Hollywood we've both noticed how they're bending over backwards to have Chinese related themes and actors to appeal to the market (Skyscraper, Transformers 3 and Pacific Rim Upraising as recent examples). To her it's feels all a bit cynical and sees through it, China has it's own movie and huge TV industry and she prefers her own entertainment and she's only comes to the cinema with me to see the latest Marvel movie because she feels it doesn't pander to anyone (except for Black Panther but thats a can of worms for another thread)

Caporegime
To her it's feels all a bit cynical and sees through it
I'm amazed anyone could feel anything other than cynicism. Tokenism is nothing more than a corporate attempt to keep certain demographics happy, even if it's forced and ridiculous.

At least until one of them puts a Facebook "activist" in a position of real power (with a title such as "Head of Diversity"), then all hell breaks loose :p

But I imagine most companies measure the success of their diversity programmes in terms of the extra $ it returns.

Caporegime
on my last flight some fairly smart gentleman with greying hair was sat beside me with a fairly young thai woman who had to fill in a landing card so I could see she wrote down thai.

during the flight she seemed very interested in the jewellery for sale on the plane.

made me wonder if it was an ocuker and his thai bride lol

Soldato
Holy crap photoshop batman.. That black girl they put in the middle is terrible. She's got completely oversized head and her shadows do not match the lighting.
Who ever they paid to that needs to rethink their career.

Soldato
Did anyone here know that the “OK” hand gesture is actually now being treated as a white power hand gesture?

Apparently a guy from the US coastguard did it on TV, he’s now the antichrist.

Apparently it’s not ok to make the “OK” hand gesture anymore.

I had no idea.. This must be a recent thing..?

Soldato
Did anyone here know that the “OK” hand gesture is actually now being treated as a white power hand gesture?

Ah, they been crying about the OK hand gesture for a few years now. Oh and Milk, drinking Milk is also racist.

Oh visiting In-n-Out is also racist. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato

The really stupid part is that the whole thing was cooked up on 4chan as a massive troll.

Back
Top Bottom