Can't find a jacket to go with brown chinos

Soldato
I am awful with jackets..... But it's cold now and I need one that goes with brown chinos :(

Any ideas where should I look and what colours work? With dark shirts? Black woollen style? Or

Man of Honour
Get yourself a blazer, I love a blazer. I've take to a double breasted one with gold buttons, it's utterly obnoxious and I love it.

Soldato
So I walked into a few shops the other day to do some man clothes shopping and literally everyone in there was wearing chinos or skinny jeans with low neck t-shirts with a big picture on the front. And the racks and shelves were full of more of the same. What's wrong with people? Where did all the proper clothes go?

Associate
Duffel coat would surely suffice for this? A dark one obviously. Or you could probably go for a leather jacket, but I'm not sure how warm it would keep you.

Caporegime
I owned one of those when I was at primary school thirty years ago.

Is this thread actually Back to the Future, the movie?

e : ^ YES!

e2 :

This is how you wear a double breasted blazer with gold buttons (whilst also giving money to worthy causes, you fantastic man).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
[FnG]magnolia;23085258 said:
I owned one of those when I was at primary school thirty years ago.

Is this thread actually Back to the Future, the movie?

e : ^ YES!

e2 :

This is how you wear a double breasted blazer with gold buttons (whilst also giving money to worthy causes, you fantastic man).

:D

It's the versatility of a blazer though, one day you're at an Alan Partridge convention, the next you're showing the Kenyans that giraffes and sartorial elegance do go together.

201210031512231.jpg

In semi-seriousness though a very interesting, impressive and now dead friend of my father's once said to me, it doesn't matter where he is in the world as long as an Englishman has a blazer he can never be under or over dressed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom