Can’t get monitor to display 1440p

Caporegime
So I’ve got a GTX 1070 and temporarily using an Iiyama ProLite B2783QSU-B1 monitor (just sold my old monitor and waiting for my new office to be kitted out before picking a new monitor) that I happened to have lying around.

Problem is it will only output a maximum of 1080p (which looks garbage) no matter what I try, there isn’t even a higher resolution showing in display settings (Windows 10 1909).

I’ve tried both a dual-link DVI cable and an HDMI cable (that is known good at 4k let alone QHD) but no joy. This is both through the built in DVI-D port on the 1070 and through a Dell DisplayPort to DVI adapter (dual-link capable as it has all the pins, no gap in the middle).

I can use the nvidia control panel to create a custom resolution, and whilst it does take effect, its a blurry mess, less usable than the 1080p.

Iiyama offers no drivers/inf for this display, and my video drivers are up to date. The GPU has no issue running my Lenovo Explorer HMD (2880x1440) or my HTC Vive, so resolutions above 1080p are working just fine.

Any ideas appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom