Can't move Antec TruQuite fans due to mounting method

Associate
Hi guys,

Anyone else got these fans? I thought they were great and have 3 in my case.

I'll be changing cases soon and took one fan off to clean up but noticed there is now no way for me to use it again! My problem is that the instructions advise you to snip the end off the rubber "screws" after pulling them through. Now I cant push/pull them through and you cant use screws....

Spoke to Antec who don't sell them separately...brill

Anyone got any suggestions?
index.php

Associate
A rubber block will take any screw. Teeth bite into the rubber and it holds.
Well yes. Given enough torque and determination, you can probably screw anything to anything else :D
Normal fan screws are quite chunky, and those holes are quite tiny. Which is probably the difficulty being faced.

Associate
OP
Probably can't use screws as the holes in the rubber blocks are too small.
However.. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rubber+fan+mounts

Trust me, I've googled rubber fan mounts to death but I'm not sure any of the small types will work as it is one solid "shaft" from one side to the other hence needing the long ones. Yes Akasa do something similar but I'm not sure if they will fit.

Just wondered if anyone else had re-used the fans and if so what they used.

Soldato
Other options are....

Long thin bolts with nuts from hardware shop

Zip ties - thread one through until it is stopped by the head, cut the head off a second and ratchet it down the strip of the first to secure.

How exotic would you like your mounting to be :p

Associate
OP
Other options are....

Long thin bolts with nuts from hardware shop

Zip ties - thread one through until it is stopped by the head, cut the head off a second and ratchet it down the strip of the first to secure.

How exotic would you like your mounting to be :p

haha, that zip tie idea might just work

Back
Top Bottom