Can't update 3rd gen iPad to iOS 10

Associate
Hi chaps,

I believe that the third gen iPads are eligible for the iOS 10 upgrade, however, whenever I check either OTA or plugged into the computer it tells me that 9.3.5 is the latest software and I'm up to date.

Anyone else had this problem? Is there anyway around it?

Thanks.

Soldato
How have you been shafted? It's a 4 and a half year old device? Name me how many other vendors keep 4 and a half year products up to date with the latest Software/Firmware?

Don't be a cheapskate and buy a new one.

All iPad3 owners were shafted when the iPad4 was released barely seven months later.

The 4 was what the 3 should have been all along. Apple only released the 3 when they did because they were forced to get a retina-display device out there ASAP. The performance of the 3 was woeful and worse than the 2 in most cases as it didn't have enough of a performance bump to offset the extra graphics load.

We've already had versions of iOS with certain features which were unavailable on the 3. Now we have the first version of iOS which doesn't even support the 3. The point is that it just re-inforces what a under-powered device the 3 was and that it should never have been released.

As for your cheapskate comments, I no longer have my 3 thanks very much. I replaced it with an Air.

Associate
Fully agree with Vertigo's comments. Not to mention they also brought out the lightning connector with that model further consigning the 3 to the scrap heap after such a short period.

Back
Top Bottom