Can't use games for windows live hotmail hacked ?:(

Soldato
Hi all.

I was going to play gta 4 but after trying to login my account it says i have been block because my email address has been sending spam email

So i checked my hotmail account and it seems i have been sending spam emails and don't know how/when this started.

Not sure how to fix it though ?

I got this email but is it the real deal?

Hello raven ghost,

We noticed some unusual activity in your Hotmail account. To help protect you, we've temporarily blocked your account.

Why are you seeing this?
Someone may have used your account to send out a lot of junk messages or something else that violates the Windows Live Terms of Service (http://explore.live.com/microsoft-service-agreement?mkt=en-gb). We'll help you get your account back.

What do you need to do?
To continue sending messages, please verify your account (http://g.live.com/1rewlive4tup/tupp?service=54&ru=null&mkt=en-gb). We'll send a verification code to your mobile phone. All you need is a phone that can receive text messages.

Verifying your account is the fastest way to get unblocked (and it lets you to enjoy Windows Live with fewer interruptions and limitations). If you don't have a mobile phone, please contact Customer Support (http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?categoryid=699b2703-2b62-4a92-86f2-9d5d52cc477d).

Sincerely,
The Hotmail Team

Thanks for any help you can give :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi all.

I was going to play gta 4 but after trying to login my account it says i have been block because my email address has been sending spam email

So i checked my hotmail account and it seems i have been sending spam emails and don't know how/when this started.

Not sure how to fix it though ?

Thanks for any help you can give :)

I heard that some email account details got stolen from their server and hacked into, a lot of people went through a period of sending out spam rubbish.

This has seemingly been fixed.

How long was it since you last logged in?

The obvious thing to do is contact support though.

Associate
I have also been sending out a lot of spam e-mails so today i have changed my password and secret question/answer thingy. I just hope it stops now. i will have to check my games for windows live now as i never even thought of that. I have already run a virus scan and i have run malwarebytes to have a clean up.

Soldato
OP
I don't know lol i can still login and check my email and on my sent list i can see spam emails i have been sending :(

I can change some stuff in the account settings but if i try change my name i will get this msg.

This profile is temporarily unavailable
You may have posted content to your Profile (often unintentionally) that violates our Code of Conduct. Check your Hotmail Inbox or the inbox associated with your Windows Live ID for messages from support.

If you are still not sure why your Profile is unavailable, please contact Windows Live support for additional assistance.

I get it fixed then i am moving to my other email just to be safe :)

Soldato
OP
Ok when ever i log into my hotmail account it does say that some things have been blocked but not everything it just stopping me playing any of my GFWL games :(

Also if i had a xbox 360 still i am pretty sure that would not work as well now.

I did do a scan on my pc and found a worm and removed it could the worm file done this to my hotmail account? maybe key logging file :(

No reply from support yet but i will change everything to another email i not logged into for while so i hope its safe lol.

I do have a normal windows firewall on but thats it maybe i need some thing stronger ? i did try avg along time ago but only had problems updating it.

Anygood free firewalls or something like that?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom