capsular endoscopy

Soldato
So im going to swallow a micro camera the size of a pill tomorrow to check out my insides for ongoing issue.
Just wondering if anyone else had it done? im hoping you get to see the video once its done and obviously praying im fine.

However at 7pm I have to take moviprep and its meant to be as bad as the picolax I had a few years back. so im going to be rather busy for the next 8 hours anyone else had this nasty stuff... :eek:

ps. mods not asking for medical advice just if anyones had it before. Close if neccesary :(

Caporegime
Moviprep is potent but it can't be as bad as picolax, that is awe-inspiring.

The video is incredibly boring, and hours long, I don't think they normally let you see it, not at my hospital anyway.

Soldato
OP
lol, it switches off supposedly before that happens. And I dont exactly want to show ocuk or the world im just curious as to what it would look like. So you havent had it done then ;)

Edit if it isnt as bad as picolax there is a god that stuff was like a nuke going off inside.

Soldato
Moviprep is potent but it can't be as bad as picolax, that is awe-inspiring.

The video is incredibly boring, and hours long, I don't think they normally let you see it, not at my hospital anyway.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing something like that (of my own, not necessarily the OP's :p). I'm pretty sure you could sequester it under rights of access if you really wanted to.

OP, I've never had that drug but I've had Picolax and nothing can surely come close? :D Relax, get plenty to read for the next eight hours :p and good luck.

Soldato
OP
yeh while explaining the procedure he said in passing yeh it might get stuck but dont worry we will just give you surgery. Like thats not a big frigging BUT lol.

Soldato
Do you not get sedated then?

I've endured tedious (to say the least) colonoscopies and endoscopies. Never wanted to see any of them; however, always wanted the laughing gas, painkillers, and muscle relaxants. You just can't beat feeling yourself passing out with the latter three.

Can't stand the prep though.

Soldato
OP
Nope just a pill and some electrodes stuck to you., had the others before and got knocked out. Waking up in a hospital bed after colonoscopy not being able to stop farting is bad lol.

Man of Honour
if its as bad as picolax then i really feel for you mate, hateful hateful stuff :(

but sounds kinda cool swallowing a video camera - would be interesting to watch (upto a point) in about 20x speed!

A friend has the video of her brain opp - they removed a tumor with keyhole surgery and gave her a dvd of the internal video, we watch it occasionally when very drunk, pretty amuzing, if a little slow...

Soldato
Last time I was in a ward getting some minor surgery done, one of the other guys in the ward (an old boy) was going in for a colonoscopy so he'd had some Picolax. Nurse asked if he wanted to move to the bed next to the toilet, he's like no I'll be ok. 5mins later he hobbles to the toilet then the buzzer goes, he made it into the wee alcove where the door was before letting rip. Nurse was cleaning it up for about half an hour and he's stoating around in a pair of paper trousers.

Nasty!

Soldato
OP
OMG this stuff is horrible. I have to drink a litre of this stuff. I pity anyone who has to take this at least picolax was like 2x 150mls :(

Thank god for the iphone, can watch some tv in the bathroom, also bought top gear mag and ps3. Price of mags these days are steep cost me 9.94 for both :eek:

Permabanned
Good luck, having had an endoscopy id take a pill over that any day...small fibre optic camera my ***, it was a flaming hose pipe being rammed down my throat!!!

Soldato
OP
I swear to god the taste of moviprep is horrendous, only managed a pint of this crap so far. I have used practically a half bottle of orange, it tastes like how i imagine a urinal cake would :(

Man of Honour
The endoscopy is lousey but its not like anyone needs any drugs to have one, I had to just go in and have it drug free because my bro had already had it without anything, I just had the throat numbing spray, I would have had one of those pills had I been given the option, sure they could not be anywhere near as big as the endoscopy.

Soldato
OP
You get this if you have had a endoscopy and a gastroscopy. Had both ends :( this is to get the guts in the middle they cant reach.

BTW if anyone gets offerd this take picolax trust me it might set your bum on fire but at least you dont have to drink what is essentially two litres of sea water

Back
Top Bottom