Car Accident How much to Get This Repaird?

Soldato
My sister got into a accident a couple of days ago, it was minor so my sister was planning to pay for the repairs without going through the insurance company. Today the lady called her with the estimate and was told that she needed a new bumper and would cots £350+ Vat :eek:

Take a look and see if that is unrepairable

Soldato
OP
My sister's just got off the phone with her insurance company and they're sending someone to look at the damage, I personally think a cloth and a couple of hours of polishing would do the job ;)

Soldato
A cousin had similar damage to his Fiesta in warranty. It was repaired at the dealership and cost £280 for the bumper to be removed, paint stripped and resprayed :).

Last edited:
Soldato
If somebody had done that damage to my car I'm afraid, as unfair as some might think, I would give the person two choices:

1. I'll get a quote for a brand new bumper, to be colour matched and fitted. Either you pay that or
2. We get insurance involved

Mainly because I know if insurance is involved it will be a new bumper.

Soldato
OP
thanks for the replies, the insurance company is handling it now. my sister has Protected NCD so they won't take 2 years off but I guess the premium would go up a bit next year.

Back
Top Bottom