Car air fresheners

Soldato
What is it exactly that you're masking?
Some people smell of ****, probably because they don't wipe properly.
But unless you're spilling milk or relieving yourself in your car, why would it smell?

mostly damp from getting in the car when its been raining. it dont smell bad just doesnt smell fresh.

Soldato
In the Polo (which leaks in a bit of water and always smells musty in the winter) I have some Car Plan ones that slide into the air vent leaving a little disc on show smaller than a 5p piece. Vanilla ones smell ok, haven't tried the rest. 5 for a £ in poundland :p

My motor is clean inside and smells of either upholstery cleaner or leather conditioner :p

Soldato
Steak airfreshener, full of meaty flavour!

p1000842s.jpg

Soldato
Are they the ones that smell like industrial toilet things or the ones that just 'remove' smells?

Initially it will smell a bit 'chemically' not bad, and not like an industrial toilet thing!, it will die down in a couple of days and you wont notice it, but will still seem fresh

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Depends on the jelly belly ones in question :p

The neutradol "ball" ones (white balls) aren't best left under the seat unless you like blue liquid gel all over your floor :p

The Satchels however are just fine but do note that the air freshener will be used up much quicker if left under the seat because of the floor vents drying it up much quicker.

I don't like those "bug" 3d style ones, the ones with sticky backsides, they seem to leave a residue when removed, maybe they're suited to non matt trim panels or something.

I've switched to using magic tree New Car Smell because they're 99p each and some of my passengers were commenting on my car smelling like a doctor's surgery one too many times with the Neutradol ones!!

I've found an awesome place to hang them out of view too, the knee support lever handle thing, just ha them there and it's perfect :D

Edit*

For the people saying why people's cars smell so bad to need air fresheners, that's not the reason at all - a pleasant fragrance has been proven to release good moods and is calming. No fragrance is just neutral and a bit boring really.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just bumping this thread to recommend this as a one-time air conditioner cleaner & air freshenner: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

I have seen it recommended on here before. Having used mine last week, it is truly an epic product. The previous owner was a smoker and 2 months after I bought my car and cleaning it, the smell was still hanging but after using this cleaner, you can't even tell!

It smells strong and citrussy for the next 24h but after that, it just smells "clean".

Back
Top Bottom