Car air fresheners

Soldato
Just bumping this thread to recommend this as a one-time air conditioner cleaner & air freshenner: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

I have seen it recommended on here before. Having used mine last week, it is truly an epic product. The previous owner was a smoker and 2 months after I bought my car and cleaning it, the smell was still hanging but after using this cleaner, you can't even tell!

It smells strong and citrussy for the next 24h but after that, it just smells "clean".

I bought 3 of those in poundland a few weeks ago. They were a pound each

Soldato
I always used to use Ambi Pur "For Him" air fresheners and refils, they stopped making them about 2 years ago though :(

However about 6 months ago I saw someone on Ebay selling a load of old stock of them, so I bought 24. :D

They last a good couple of months, so I should have enough for a while. They smell so good though, like a lightly sweet smelling aftershave.

Associate
When I left uni I needed a job just to get money in my pocket while I was applying for better paid jobs and I ended up getting a job in an electronics factory, one of the other workers was a semi reformed car thief (I would not trust him even though he said he had stopped it) he would only steal cars with magic trees so that he then had a little memento of each theft.

When he was eventually caught, the Police searched his house for any stolen goods and found all these magic trees dangling around his bedroom. He admitted and was duly prosecuted for a tree to a car.

I must admit to never having a magic tree after meeting that lovely fella.

Last edited:
Associate
This thread reminded me that I was given one of these things http://www.mycarmate.com/images/air_freshener/AF-011-A_smelly_beasts_air_freshener.JPG

Got no idea what it smells like and mine is a little different as it comes with a net bag to hang it on the mirror or something.

I must admit I find some of these fresheners a little too much sometimes and besides I havent used the car that much that its lost the new car-ish aroma!

Associate
What's everyone's operating procedure for magic trees and similar?

I follow the instructions and let a little out of the wrapper every couple of days, which works for me.

However, some people I know just pull the wrapper off and hang it up, which results in an overpowering, nauseatingly strong scent for maybe 3 days and then it's all used up.

Soldato
What's everyone's operating procedure for magic trees and similar?

I follow the instructions and let a little out of the wrapper every couple of days, which works for me.

However, some people I know just pull the wrapper off and hang it up, which results in an overpowering, nauseatingly strong scent for maybe 3 days and then it's all used up.

But then you've got way too much dangling because of the bag. No man wants excessive dangle

Soldato
Take it out the wrapper and throw it in a door bin. They last for ages (I assume given they're not dangling freely in the air, not as much of the fragrance evaporates off).

Associate
I remember i bought 10 new car smell magic trees off ebay at the start of the year... I think i have 4 or 5 left.. I leave them dangling from the gear stick.

Associate
prd_1_8774148.jpg

I love the yankee candle ones. Mandarin & cranberry being my current favourite.
The also do the plug in ones that clip in the vents, but I've yet to try those yet.

Back
Top Bottom