Car blocking me in..

Soldato
OP
For those speculating I don't have a drive, she doesn't have a drive, no one has a drive and no one has visitor bays. It's a little off-road car park with enough spaces for about 8 cars to park next to each other and it's far enough off the road a car could park close to your bumper and their cars rear is off the road, problem with doing this is you block the car in, which is what happened to me.

I am also parked outside of my home.

Soldato
So it’s on an estate? Is the parking for both you and her? Are you both part of the same building estate?

Or is this some totally independent parking area that just so happens to be adjacent to your house?

Soldato
OP
So it’s on an estate? Is the parking for both you and her? Are you both part of the same building estate?

Or is this some totally independent parking area that just so happens to be adjacent to your house?

Independent parking outside my home, she lives around the corner on a different road.

Soldato
Its the classic parking dispute. People have public spaces they like to park in so try and tell others its theirs. Residential parking really does turn some people into unreasonable babies.

Caporegime
For those speculating I don't have a drive, she doesn't have a drive, no one has a drive and no one has visitor bays. It's a little off-road car park with enough spaces for about 8 cars to park next to each other and it's far enough off the road a car could park close to your bumper and their cars rear is off the road, problem with doing this is you block the car in, which is what happened to me.

I am also parked outside of my home.

why didn't you tell her that anyone can use those spaces and they don't belong to anybody? as in if i wanted to park there i could or jimmy from newcastle wanted to park there he also could?

if she wants to buy a space she can approach the council to do so.

Associate
My next door neightbour has a driveway big enough for both of his cars, but acts as if he owns the bit of road outside his house. One time someone had parked on "his bit of road", and he thought it was us, so moved his car and blocked our driveway.

Needless to say, I am looking to move house as soon as possible...

Soldato
My next door neightbour has a driveway big enough for both of his cars, but acts as if he owns the bit of road outside his house. One time someone had parked on "his bit of road", and he thought it was us, so moved his car and blocked our driveway.

Needless to say, I am looking to move house as soon as possible...

Its amazing, but parking disputes quickly turn people into stupid kids again.

Caporegime
When I used to work in London I used to park right at the end of a road near the office, in a deliberate attempt to not annoy anyone - It was not outside anyones house. One day I parked close up to the wall, and one of the residents decided they would park about an inch behind my bumper in a deliberate petty attempt to prevent me from getting my car out.

I rang a few doorbells and nobody answered, it was 6PM and I wanted to go home, so I gently reversed up to their bumper, and pushed their car back a couple of meters, then left...

Caporegime
When I used to work in London I used to park right at the end of a road near the office, in a deliberate attempt to not annoy anyone - It was not outside anyones house. One day I parked close up to the wall, and one of the residents decided they would park about an inch behind my bumper in a deliberate petty attempt to prevent me from getting my car out.

I rang a few doorbells and nobody answered, it was 6PM and I wanted to go home, so I gently reversed up to their bumper, and pushed their car back a couple of meters, then left...

difference being you drive a car worth 25 pence. i doubt anyone who owns a new car would do that

Caporegime
difference being you drive a car worth 25 pence. i doubt anyone who owns a new car

It was my Skoda, which was worth approximately 25 pence, yes.

However I doubt it would do any damage. It certainly didn't to my car at the time. Or theirs.

I wouldn't want to do it in my E30, especially after its re-spray. But if I were agitated enough, I might have. :p

Caporegime
It was my Skoda, which was worth approximately 25 pence, yes.

However I doubt it would do any damage. It certainly didn't to my car at the time. Or theirs.

I wouldn't want to do it in my E30, especially after its re-spray. But if I were agitated enough, I might have. :p

was your own fault for parking near the wall anyway. should always park with enough space so you can get out if someone parks right on top of you. leave 2-3 feet behind you.

Back
Top Bottom