Car Charger Samsung Galaxy

Soldato
hi folks
grabbed a cigarette car charger from ebay for my galaxy A5 (usb type c)
when i plug it into my phone it wont start to charge immediately. you have to open a menu and select 'charge'
any way around this
ta

Soldato
IS it this is because the charger is a cheap chinese special and didn't implement the USB-C standard correctly? It's presenting you the choice because the phone believes the reverse is possible too (likely because the electronics arn't setup correctly in the charger) and it doesn't know if it should be charging the car battery or draining from it to charge itself.

Soldato
Personally I prefer using a 12v to USB adapter and a relevant cable, so others can charge too even if they have iPhone or micro USB etc. You can get flush fit types that look very neat and tidy.

Buy from the reputable cheap brands like Anker and Aukey on Amazon and it'll all work fine, with option to spend a bit more to get things like quick charge too.

Soldato
OP
could you paste an ebay to link to one of those @Kenai

once you tell this one to charge it keeps charging until you disconnect it which isnt too bad, just when you pull the cable out then you've to tell it again

Man of Honour
Why risk damage or worse to your phone/car/life with cheap tat Chinese chargers? An Aukey/Anker/Tronsmart etc all cost under a tenner for a QC certified product and could mean the difference between absolute disaster and not.

Three things you should absolutely never cheap out on:

1: PSU for your PC
2: Charger(s) for your portable devices
3: Tyres for your car

Associate
Why risk damage or worse to your phone/car/life with cheap tat Chinese chargers? An Aukey/Anker/Tronsmart etc all cost under a tenner for a QC certified product and could mean the difference between absolute disaster and not.

Three things you should absolutely never cheap out on:

1: PSU for your PC
2: Charger(s) for your portable devices
3: Tyres for your car

Yep, all that! I use one of these from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B010DM6CUG/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Had it 2 years and charged all my phones fast. Never had issues either where when using sat nav the battery discharges due to charger not keeping up.

I'd avoid cheap chargers always. Wouldn't trust one in my house. Matter of fact never leave house with any charger left plugged in. House in village caught fire and started in bedroom when a charger or batteries over heated and caught fire. Parents friends in Austria house caught fire badly. Daughter left a phone charging on bed and battery overheated, catching the bed on fire.

Back
Top Bottom