Car has been keyed

Soldato
There's so many scumbags about :mad: what possesses people to just damage property like that?
On the plus side at least it's silver which is not bad for scratches. My last car was a black Focus and had immaculate paint. One week into owning it someone keyed from the back door all the way to the front panel and it was so deep u could slightly put your finger nail in it. :( now that stood out lol.

Because they can't stand someone having nicer things than them. And they know they're extremely unlikely to be caught.

Soldato
It's not always vandalism, some bint once marked my car with her handbag which had some metal buckle on it, rather than use the pavement she though it would be good idea to walk on the road.

Man of Honour
Rubbish, I guess I should be thankful I have only received a rude note and coffee over the car. Some people...why not just have the balls to confront me.

Associate
Sister in laws audi got keyed couple of years ago still she got of light compared to the rest of the street windows wing mirrors and body work damaged with anything the idiot could find.

hope it is a cheap fix for you

Associate
I got a letter from a 6 year old (with a bit of help from his parents) stuck in my windscreen wiper a few weeks ago.
He was apologising for falling off his bike and scratching my car. It's just my daily driver and the scratch was right next to an equally sized scratch so I wasn't bothered.
Was nice of him(them) to let me know. They even volunteered to pay for the repairs.

Caporegime
had 2 of my cars keyed in the past, both parked half on a pavement. If I ever catch someone doing it, ill key their face!

Haven't you thought that maybe that was the reason your car is keyed. If you have a nice car and it gets keyed then there is no avoiding that but I bet a lot of instances are because of disputes or being a nuisance.

Associate
Sorry to hear this, hopefully it will mop out, People who do this are just scum. One of my cars got keyed about 10 years ago, glad I never caught the person... I'd of been locked up!

Soldato
I once saw a car that had a scratch going down the whole length of the drivers side. It was done by some bimbo pushing a pram :/

Soldato
I once saw a car that had a scratch going down the whole length of the drivers side. It was done by some bimbo pushing a pram :/

I do wonder in these cases, If the person who did it was caught... How can you make them pay for the damages?

Do you simply Pay for the repaint then small claims the fee to them?

Soldato
We must be in the silly season. Just today my neighbour mentioned he has has his done and my cousin had his done really badly (both sides front to back) while parked outside where he works. Maybe the sun has addled the little scrotes brains.

Associate
Not necessarily. Some pavements are really wide, some roads are really narrow. If I didn't park partly on the pavement, I couldn't park within miles of my house. People can still get past on the footpath and there is less obstruction on the road.

Agree, and there's no excuse for keying someone's car.

If theres enough room on the pavement to get a wide pushchair past after you've parked no one should really have a problem with your parking. I don't agree with parking on the pavement if it means pedestrians have to walk into the road to get round your car though.

Soldato
Not necessarily. Some pavements are really wide, some roads are really narrow. If I didn't park partly on the pavement, I couldn't park within miles of my house. People can still get past on the footpath and there is less obstruction on the road.

I used to have a similar situation before I moved to a house with a drive. The street was so narrow that if you didn't park on the pavement, there was no room for any other cars to get past. Everyone parked on the pavement there.

Back
Top Bottom