Car paintwork repair in SW London.

Associate
Someone scuffed my rear bumper when parked at work with relatively mild cosmetic damage but no dents. They actually left their details on my car which I thought was very decent of them! The car is an old city runaround but I keep it maintained and (relatively) clean and would like to get it fixed.

We agreed on settling it outside of insurance to avoid the inevitable rise in premiums etc. I went to a body shop today who estimated £250 + VAT for the job and that it would take 3 days. I thought this seemed a bit steep but then again I'm not an expert.

I thought it was probably wise to get another couple of quotes and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for reputable body shops in and around SW London or Surrey who they could recommend. The mobile fixers like ChipsAway etc. seem to have quite variable reviews.

I've attached a photo.

fAnveVl

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
https://revive-uk.com/territory/west-london/
These guys are flawless & good prices as well have used them several times always great as factory new repairs. It would cost you around £260 + VAT as that is the going rate to get a panel or bumper done. Cost depends a lot on surface area as they have to do the whole bumper to blend it in to the rest.

Call Gennady (really nice guy to book an appointment he might also want to see photos or videos when he quotes you).

Associate
OP
Thanks AWPC, I will request a quote using their online form and see what they say.

I've not had this done outside insurance in the past so wasn't aware of what the going rate was. At least I know what the ballpark figure is now.

Soldato
Thanks AWPC, I will request a quote using their online form and see what they say.

I've not had this done outside insurance in the past so wasn't aware of what the going rate was. At least I know what the ballpark figure is now.
NP they are really good I mean they made my metallic blue extreme terna Renault look like brand new from the factory after bus collision damage (paid myself as the bus driver(s) drove off instead of stopping! (so would only have had to claim on my insurance).

Soldato
Looking at your picture that needs filler so expect around £260+ VAT as it takes them around 1.5 hours to mask prep & fill then fast dry & about 30 mins to spray & perhaps another 10-15 mins to polish & apply the clearcoat. Revive UK are really thorough to give such great results as its not a metallic colour perhaps will cost slightly less than £260 ish.

Back
Top Bottom