Car parked on dropped kerb

Soldato
Hi

Some inconsiderate ****** has decided to park his BMW over a dropped kerb meaning two cars are blocked in, it's been reported but all they did was put a ticket on it.

Is there a certain amount of time before the council or police will tow it away, its been parked there since yesterday sometime.

The odd thing is my street has a lots of space to park normally, so it has me thinking it's been stolen and just dumped.

Soldato
OP
I think you can request a private tow away and they foot the cost

Thank's, I will see what today brings, trying to keep an eye for anyone who show's up.

I actually can get out, but it means I have to drive along the pavement to do so, but another car is blocked in altogether.

Pleased they have a ticket if it isn't stolen.

Can't type for toffee
Don
Hi

Some inconsiderate ****** has decided to park his BMW over a dropped kerb meaning two cars are blocked in, it's been reported but all they did was put a ticket on it.

Is there a certain amount of time before the council or police will tow it away, its been parked there since yesterday sometime.

The odd thing is my street has a lots of space to park normally, so it has me thinking it's been stolen and just dumped.

Or perhaps yesterday was a busy day and there was more cars than normal? Dunno why people would have family round at this time of year tho.

Is it your car that's blocked in?

I'd allow family members to block me in if it meant they could visit.

Was it the police that ticketed it? If so woudlnt they check for it being stolen?

Associate
Or perhaps yesterday was a busy day and there was more cars than normal? Dunno why people would have family round at this time of year tho.

Was it the police that ticketed it? If so woudlnt they check for it being stolen?

Don't think leaving a car blocking someones drive for +/- 24 hours with a ticket still on it can be considered visiting family members :rolleyes:

Soldato
Got a mate with a tow rope? Yank it down the road, leave a note on the screen saying something along the lines of "Sorry, had to move your car as you were blocking mine in when I had to rush to hospital" :D

Soldato
OP

No yesterday my street was empty, and this car could have parked a few metres further forward without blocking anyone.

Traffic warden ticketed it and said car was not from this area and said that he had never seen this car before in the street.

Soldato
OP
Who did you call to report it?

Police would attempt to contact the owner and if not remove it.

Police just gave a number to contact council which we did, giving it till afternoon and will maybe try the non emergency police number again, as I can see it being there a while otherwise, just a really strange place to park with the amount of room elsewhere in the road, which makes me think its stolen but I would have thought the traffic warden could have checked that.

Soldato
I'm confused, is one of the cars blocked in yours?

If not how do you definitely know they aren't members of the family/friends who have been blocked in and they haven't got an issue with it?

I often have visitors park across my driveway as while they are visiting me I don't intend to take my car out.

Soldato
OP
I'm confused, is one of the cars blocked in yours?

If not how do you definitely know they aren't members of the family/friends who have been blocked in and they haven't got an issue with it?

I often have visitors park across my driveway as while they are visiting me I don't intend to take my car out.

One of them is mine but I can drive along the pavement to get out but getting in again at night might not be so easy, another car of ours that our neighbour allows us to park on thier spare drive is blocked completely, I have checked with neighbours but it seems it's just some inconsiderate ****.

Police will not tow it and neither will the council:confused:

I have to work shortly, no time for photos.

Soldato
Don't wait on the council or police to do anything, you'll be waiting all year. Find someone with a 4x4, stick a tow eye and rope on it and drag it down the road (and dump it somewhere out of the way). Play dumb if anyone questions it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Don't wait on the council or police to do anything, you'll be waiting all year. Find someone with a 4x4, stick a tow eye and rope on it and drag it down the road (and dump it somewhere out of the way). Play dumb if anyone questions it.

Good idea, I'm really hoping its just someone who parked it up and went for a drink and ended up getting so drunk they had to get another means of transport home and will pick it up sometime today.

Soldato
One of them is mine but I can drive along the pavement to get out but getting in again at night might not be so easy, another car of ours that our neighbour allows us to park on thier spare drive is blocked completely, I have checked with neighbours but it seems it's just some inconsiderate ****.

Police will not tow it and neither will the council:confused:

I have to work shortly, no time for photos.

Ah ok, that explains it then I thought it was against the law to block someone on a drive.

Can't believe they have only ticketed it, surely they could trace the owner and tell them that they have x amount of time to move it otherwise it'd be towed with all costs passed on.

Don
It’s an offence to block someone in their drive by parking across the dropped curb. If the police/council are refusing to deal with it then Nasher’s option or a variant of it to remove the vehicle seems reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom