Car parked on dropped kerb

Soldato
OP
Update

In the end it turned out the car had broken down, 2 guys eventually came along and pushed it down the road and later it had been towed away altogether, even though it had broken down, I'm not sure why it was blocking our driveways for nearly 24hrs, could have asked for some help that day to push it clear so not blocking cars in.

Thanks for all the input, I have learnt that my local council are useless in these situations and all they are good for is putting a penalty notice on illegally parked cars. Did I mention that on the day we reported it to the council, a traffic warden van came round in minutes and ticketed it and that was their solution.

Soldato
Update

In the end it turned out the car had broken down, 2 guys eventually came along and pushed it down the road and later it had been towed away altogether, even though it had broken down, I'm not sure why it was blocking our driveways for nearly 24hrs, could have asked for some help that day to push it clear so not blocking cars in.

Thanks for all the input, I have learnt that my local council are useless in these situations and all they are good for is putting a penalty notice on illegally parked cars. Did I mention that on the day we reported it to the council, a traffic warden van came round in minutes and ticketed it and that was their solution.

Yep they don't care, all they want is their money from the parking ticket. They don't care if it blocks someone in for a day, it's someone else's problem. You have to take matters in to your own hands if you want anything done.

Soldato
I'll explain again...

Yes it is. If a car is on the driveway beyond the dropped kerb then you are preventing them from reaching the highway. It is a criminal offence. Which is exactly the case in the OP.

It’s not but I’m glad the OP got it sorted, the council did exactly what they can do with the powers they have and ticket it.

Soldato
So we've all ascertained that it's illegal to block someone in, but there's no authority that will do anything about it. Seems a bit of a joke really.

Back
Top Bottom