Car Selling Cliches

Soldato
No tyre kickers.
Amazing condition, brilliant, absolutely stunning, seriously you won't find a thing wrong with it.... not a thing.... No tyre kickers, please.

Associate
OP
People have this silly idea that it's just going to break again, so think they need to get rid of it asap.

Anyway, ads like this: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...=1500&postcode=mk428tx&aggregatedTrim=Limited

The rare and sought after 1.2 Corsa "limited edition" lol. So rare and limited that autotrader felt the need to create a separate filter for it with 113 pages of results.

Love that description! lol

"Slick looks" - is a Vauxhall Corsa....

"All panels/bodywork have been inspected and are of high quality" - They gave it a wash lol

Soldato
The rare and sought after 1.2 Corsa "limited edition" lol. So rare and limited that autotrader felt the need to create a separate filter for it with 113 pages of results.

To be fair, despite the slightly silly name, Vauxhall made mainstream the idea of a car which looked like a performance model but which had a lower-power engine for cheap insurance (ideal for younger drivers).

This has since been copied by almost everyone (Ford ST-Line, Audi S-Line, etc etc).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
To be fair, despite the slightly silly name, Vauxhall made mainstream the idea of a car which looked like a performance model but which had a lower-power engine for cheap insurance (ideal for younger drivers).

This has since been copied by almost everyone (Ford ST line, Audi S-Line, etc etc).

I'm not too sure a young driver is going to have great insurance prices on a Fiesta ST though.

Man of Honour

Surely we have to hand this to Peugeot with the 205 and later 306 DTurbo models. Looked like a GTi inside and out.

Man of Honour
They been doing it for years, my old MK4 Golf looked like a GTi in every way, apart from the 1.9 diesel under the bonnet.

The Peugeot 205 predated the Golf mk4 by years. The Golf was something of a reverse case, the GTi looked plain and dull on the outside. I guess to match the plain and dull 115bhp under it's bonnet.

Caporegime
One lady owner
One doctor owner - Why on earth would this make me want it more?
Priced to sell
Enthusiast owned - But it has mis-matched budget tyres
Quick car! - When it isn't...

The Peugeot 205 predated the Golf mk4 by years. The Golf was something of a reverse case, the GTi looked plain and dull on the outside. I guess to match the plain and dull 115bhp under it's bonnet.

GTI was more a trim level than anything else on the MK4. IIRC you could have it with a 1.8 N/A, 1.8T, 2.0 N/A or 1.9TDI.

The 1.8T 180 Anniversary Edition was what the 'GTI' should have been for the MK4.

Man of Honour
Low mileage after a few years = lots of short journeys. Reminds me of my wife's old car that was very low mileage and the head gasket had gone. Just about got it to We buy all cars. They bought it without a test drive and paid full whack. Fools. Car wasn't worth a penny.

Back
Top Bottom