Car valuation websites w/o registration

Associate
OP
So what would you guys use to get a valuation? I have that 55" clio from the Mrs, and someone made noises about being happy to buy it... but really, I have no idea...

We were just thinking of buying a Z3 roadster or something, perfect timing ;)

Soldato
Just look up autotrader private sales for.similar cars and aim for something around that figure.

If cars are formsale at say £1200 assume they probably sell for a grand etc.

For an "old" car you won't get anything much more accurate tbh

Associate
If you put your reg and mileage into the Autotrader selling process you'll get a suggested price before you have to give any personal details.

Associate
OP
Well, 850 quid for that poor car! Better than nothing? Less than the price of the raw metal, or less than the price of changing the alloy wheels. Someone will have to explain that to me one day...

Soldato
Well, 850 quid for that poor car! Better than nothing? Less than the price of the raw metal, or less than the price of changing the alloy wheels. Someone will have to explain that to me one day...

there's a term "value in use", to account for something having less intrinsic value than practical value.

my old motor went for 750, which tbh was an amazing price to get from a dealer trade in. sometimes i wish i'd kept it for something you could bum around in and not care about.

Man of Honour
My Corrado was valued at £75 when I tried WeBuyAnyCar for a laugh. Then I got emails for months afterward sasking if I'd changed my mind and decided to sell :D

Associate
My 57 Sport Ka was only £800 and the Clio's around me on Gumtree were about the same. The 1.4 16v were about £1k on Autotrader.
You can get a RS 172 for under £1.5k so cant imagine you'd get that much. Unless it is a 172 of course :p

Soldato
Wbac is a joke!

You always have the option of taking your car direct to an appropriate car dealer for a price. Or sell yourself on Autotrader / Gumtree etc.

On balance wbac is hassle free and a lot of people don't want the hassle. The motors forums on here/piston heads etc aren't really representative of the majority of average car owners where respective members are happy to put in the graft etc to get the price.

I.e. if selling to the trade, with a 2 year old BMW take it to BMW, 5 year old one take it to your local premium used car dealer that does similar vehicles etc etc. Usually gets you a better price than wbac.

Back
Top Bottom