Car Valuation

Associate
Bit of a cheeky request,

I remember there was someone on here who has access to car valuation data, I was wondering if someone could look up the value of a 99(T) 1.6 Zafira Comfort for me as I think my father-in-laws insurance company is trying to royally shaft him

Associate
From the What Car android app, remember this is for mint condition. Adjust reasonably for dents, scratches and other issues:

2012_11_21_21_49_05.png

7cpzl8u3f

Associate
OP
[TW]Fox;23216339 said:
Whats the mileage? Can't be more than a grand surely.

Milage is around 100k, even a grand is more than what he's been offered, £575 less excess.

Have looked on Auto-trader and taken the average of 5 of the same trim and roughly similar age/mileage and got around £1200, but his insurance company say he can get one for £500, 25 miles from him, however looking at the ad its a non runner

Soldato
How much has he been offered?

I had my Octavia, written off last year.

What insurance companies seem to do these days is open the trader, point at a car of similar age and mileage and offer you that amount.

edit: hope no-one was badly injured as a result :(

Associate
OP
cheapest i found was £1000 within 20 miles of him going up to just under £1500, hence the £1200 average.

edit: hope no-one was badly injured as a result :(

Thankfully not, well apart from burns from the airbag going off and a jarred wrist. He was going round a blind bend up a hill as someone was coming down, he went too wide third party went too tight and they hit, both were going too fast tbh claim has gone 50/50

Thank for the help btw :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom