Car valuations/prices.. where to check?

Soldato
Hi, where are the best places to get used car valuations/prices when looking to buy these days please?
I am looking to buy the likes of a Ford Focus 1.6 petrol around the £1.5 to 2.5K mark. I have seen a 1.6 Zetec Climate advertised for 57 plated with 86K miles for £1500, what is the market price for one in decent condition?
Thanks in advance guys.

Associate
Easiest thing to do is to compare it to other Ford Focus' for sale of a similar age/mileage on the likes of autotrader.

It's not a defined value your given, but it does help with the feeling of getting a good/bad deal compared to the rest of the market.

Associate
Easiest thing to do is to compare it to other Ford Focus' for sale of a similar age/mileage on the likes of autotrader.

It's not a defined value your given, but it does help with the feeling of getting a good/bad deal compared to the rest of the market.
This. Also limit the area, as nationality there's a lot of variances but within 50 miles range, not so much.

Soldato
OP
The prices vary from £1000 to about £3000 for similar age and mileage ford focus.. on autotrader when checking a 30 mile radius of my location.. Hence I was asking if there are free valuation price check sites.

Soldato
OP
Cool, thank you.

Does anyone know if there is anything particular I need to check/ask when looking at a 2007 1.6 petrol ford focus.. it has 87K miles on it. I need to find out if the cam belt has been changed I guess? Is there anything common faults or issue I need to look into?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Still looking for a replacement car, thnigs got in the way in my search previousily. I have been looking at the online price guides they vary quite a bit. Also sellers on autotrader are sometimes asking for upto £1000 more than the best valuations I am getting online. for example Ford Focus 2008 1.6 Petrol Titanium asking for £3,800 when online valuations are coming out around £2700-2800! Does anyone with glass price guide.. help with what it should be selling for roughily??

Back
Top Bottom