Carabao Cup - Semi Finals ** Spoilers ** [5/12/13/20 January 2022]

Don
I'd imagine we'll go with close to the strongest line-up available to us on Thursday but with injuries, covid and Afcon, that won't be amazingly strong.

I'd imagine it'll look something like this: Kelleher, Trent, Gomez, Konate, Robertson, Fabinho, Hendo, Jones, Ox, Jota & Williams. If Minamino's back fit he'll probably play, possibly instead of Trent with Williams going back to RB. The only other decisions would be whether VVD plays given that he'll almost certainly not play vs Shrewsbury on Sunday.

Caporegime
I'd imagine we'll go with close to the strongest line-up available to us on Tuesday but with injuries, covid and Afcon, that won't be amazingly strong.

I'd imagine it'll look something like this: Kelleher, Trent, Gomez, Konate, Robertson, Fabinho, Hendo, Jones, Ox, Jota & Williams. If Minamino's back fit he'll probably play, possibly instead of Trent with Williams going back to RB. The only other decisions would be whether VVD plays given that he'll almost certainly not play vs Shrewsbury on Sunday.
If you come on Tuesday, you might be surprised at how empty the emirates is

Don
Given that 7 players and staff went down with it before the Chelsea game its no surprise that more have tested positive now. With a fair few injuries and players away at the Afcon, it doesn't leave many players.

Don
Of course Rob was going to bite :D Yes, I was only joking about the Anfield part but the most logical solution would be to make it a one off tie, whether that be at a neutral venue or not is another matter.

As for getting out of the FA Cup game too. Those that had covid last week should be back and against Shrewsbury we'd just play the kids anyway.

Associate
You get the impression a few clubs now have played the covid card to their own benefit, Tottenham got it spot on, helped them out no end with more rest time and more time for new manager to get his methods onboard, Liverpool now will obviously want to postpone to push as many games as possible back to when they have their best players back from Africa. Saw this coming a mile off.

Don
You get the impression a few clubs now have played the covid card to their own benefit, Tottenham got it spot on, helped them out no end with more rest time and more time for new manager to get his methods onboard, Liverpool now will obviously want to postpone to push as many games as possible back to when they have their best players back from Africa. Saw this coming a mile off.
Jesus christ! Imagine playing the covid card for League Cup and FA Cup games! Have you not noticed how little Klopp gives a **** about the domestic cups in the past few seasons? Two seasons ago he sent the entire first team squad (including himself and first team coaches) on holiday instead of playing in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. He put out an under 15 side in the quarter final of the League Cup that same season and also put a kids team out in a FA Cup derby vs Everton.

Had we wanted to play the covid card I think it might have been a better idea to do it in games that mattered rather than playing 2 of our hardest games of the season without key players due to covid.

Back
Top Bottom