Career choices. London or Bristol?

Associate
I live and work in London as a UX designer. Job is great, rent is high, traffic annoys me, culture is amazing, so at the same time I love it and hate it. I'm considering about moving to a smaller city, but I'm afraid about my career progression. I know that in a few years as a UX designer in London I can earn really good money, but I'm just getting tired about the rush, having no time to spend with my beloved ones and etc.

So I thought that Bristol might be a good choice, since it's referred as a silicon valley of UK. Does any of you have some tips or stories to share how your life changed if you moved from London?

Cheers!

Soldato
Stay in London. Bristol is an amazing city but the career prospects pale in comparison and rent:salary ratio is extremely unfavourable. Plus the public transport is absolutely dire. If you want to leave London go somewhere cheap like Manchester/Birmingham etc.

Soldato
UX is alright down here. There's a massive javascript scene, mostly organised through meetup.com. Much easier to buy a home. Salaries significantly worse.

Back
Top Bottom