Carnage on roads south of London this morning

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Accident on M23, M25 closed junctions 6-7, M20 closed due to accident. What's wrong with these people?!!! Can't they crash on different days? Have they no respect for the fact that other people have to get to work? I gather the M25 one was much earlier because they were announcing it had re-opened at about 7:15am. I crossed it just before 8am and it was like a carpark, soooo glad I don't use those roads.

Permabanned
Was hard for me getting to work this morning too.

The 10ft of carpet from bedroom to the bathroom was cold, so I had to take a bloody detour to get my slippers. Then the kettle didn't give way to me at all. It boiled way before I was ready to pour it into my mug, I hadn't even got the coffee jar out yet, and to top it off the walk from the kitchen to my office was very dark and I had to try to switch the lights on with my shoulder as I went a along carrying my coffee and a plate of toast. :(

Soldato
Shortly after my alarm went off this morning I noticed a very warm duvet was preventing me from leaving my bed. I struggled for a while but it was no use and I lost conciousness. Eventually my daughter shouted me from downstairs, then I woke up and managed to wriggle free.

Associate
Jonny69 said:
Accident on M23, M25 closed junctions 6-7, M20 closed due to accident. What's wrong with these people?!!! Can't they crash on different days? Have they no respect for the fact that other people have to get to work? I gather the M25 one was much earlier because they were announcing it had re-opened at about 7:15am. I crossed it just before 8am and it was like a carpark, soooo glad I don't use those roads.

i know what you mean, maidstone to victoria via train 1 hr 10 min ( if not delayed... usually twice a week minimum ) by car on a weekday 1 hour 50 mins if leaving by 6.45 , 55 mins if leaving at 6am
and 2 hours 30 mins to a whopping 3 hours 25 if leaving past 7.15

then some chimp has a shunt and you can write off the morning. :mad:

incedently train a month to london = £276 running a car a month to london= £230....

Soldato
iCraig said:
Was hard for me getting to work this morning too.

The 10ft of carpet from bedroom to the bathroom was cold, so I had to take a bloody detour to get my slippers. Then the kettle didn't give way to me at all. It boiled way before I was ready to pour it into my mug, I hadn't even got the coffee jar out yet, and to top it off the walk from the kitchen to my office was very dark and I had to try to switch the lights on with my shoulder as I went a along carrying my coffee and a plate of toast. :(

I have a similar commute every morning.

Soldato
I missed two flights on two consecutive days last week because the A1 and M25 were totally knackered. The first one was really my own fault but the 2nd time I thought that the traffic should be fairly light at 6am not stationary :(

v0n

v0n

Soldato
jimblowscash said:
incedently train a month to london = £276 running a car a month to london= £230....
This makes me soooo angry. I'm 3/4 way, in Medway and my train ticket would cost £284 or £76 a week. This is all because of that bizarre South Eastern train zoning, where towns much further in terms of mileage get better preferencial ticket deals because there are less commuters...
Atm my commute by car costs £30 a week and takes me door to door, so nothing would force me to go via London Bridge and underground system to make the journey 20 minutes longer. Not for long though, heard on the radio this morning Greenwich council is trying to get mayor to introduce toll in Blackwall Tunnel "because people travel unneccessarily"...

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Von that's completely nonsensical (and my wording unspellable). How can they expect a hopelessly inadequate public transport system to compete, just slap more charges on the motorist.

Luckily I don't have to use any roads that get affected by anything other than ice or fallen trees and an understanding employer who doesn't put any pressure on to get in on time if there are road problems. I feel sorry for thos who ph34r their employers and those who have to use the 25.

I do miss the self employment malarky in that respect :D

Back
Top Bottom