1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carpet protector for under a PC Chair

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DXP55, 13 Sep 2021.

1. DXP55

Soldato

I am in process of tarting up my PC room and have just ordered a new carpet -So can /has anyone who has one of these protectors recommend any particular one or are they basically the same -I guess you get what you pay for.
    Wife says see through plastic - Some come with a lip -is that the bit that goes under table to put your feet on or has the edge got a lip.

2. dLockers

Sgarrista

IKEA. They are shockingly expensive (for what they are) but I guess a lot of raw materials gets sucked up into making them.

3. subbytna

Capodecina

Make one yourself?

4. Stu999

Wise Guy

The amusingly named Kolon :D

5. Simon

Capodecina

Amazon do a decent one. £30 I think mine was.

6. Armageus

Don

7. DXP55

Soldato

I was thinking of something with a bit more quality like made from plastic and see through :rolleyes:

My last one was a offcut of the original carpet.

8. Thekwango

Capodecina

jesus - not if they were giving them away!!

9. dLockers

Sgarrista

I think this is confirmation of a free pass to post competitors in the floor matt category? :p

10. SydDanube

Gangster

The Ikea Kolon is ok. Had one for a few years. Changed to a rug in the end. A rug looks and feels better to be honest under the office chair.

11. watercooledman

Perma Banned

Ahh you mean a rug then
    Why go through so much bother

12. tuftyfella

Wise Guy

i
    thats what ive done, only i cut it big enough to wrap underneath a thin sheet of mdf and stapled in place, works well. :)

13. arknor

Caporegime

I didn't bother and about 6 years later it's just a light coloured circle under my chair the actual carpet doesn't seem damaged just faded.

I could probably just add some dye to a vax and wash the carpet to make it look new again

anyone paying 50quid for a carper protector what the hell? just buy a plastic door protector mat for like £5 and cut it so size ,use an offcut of carpet or both

14. Longbow

Sgarrista

Same. I've had those transparent plastic protectors in the past, but I didn't bother when I had new carpet put in, it's been years and carpet is fine.

15. dLockers

Sgarrista

The trend has edged towards lower pile carpets but I guess only you know if 50 quid a good investment versus a decent quality carpet possibly getting unrecoverably ruined.

16. nine_tails

Hitman

Oh wow , there is a gamer-product for everything. I certainly would have gotten the NaVi one a couple of years back haha

17. PapaLazaru

Capodecina

Get what you pay for, go through quite a lot as working for I'm home now.

One I have currently got seems to be really good quality. Look for Kaiser chair mat (made in Germany) on Amazon. £32.

18. Sui

Mobster

I got a circular rug from Argos for £15, does the job (so far!).

19. Elfmeister.

Hitman

Have a look the on Amazonian River for : AllRight Chair Mat Carpet Protection PVC Clear Transparent for Hard Floors T-Shape

20. darael

Mobster

I also used a piece of leftover carpet, as the fitters left a generous amount behind. You can have the edges of these finished / tided up so they look smart, but I didn't bother.

The one down side to using a leftover carpet, is the wheels dig in further and moving the chair can be quite hard sometimes.