Carphone warehouse warranty (Pixel xl) - receipt not in my name

Associate
I have a pixel xl which is exhibiting a common fault (turning off before the battery gets to 0% - https://productforums.google.com/fo...s8ABMFQAJ;context-place=forum/phone-by-google).

I purchased the phone from Ebay. The seller is very helpful and provided proof of purchase from CPW (contract upgrade).

Will this be sufficient with CPW for a warranty repair or replacement? Anyone work at CPW who can comment ?

Associate
Thanks, I did contact Google but they have been a PITA. Won't touch it unless they sold it directly, seems like will have to try CPW.

I managed to get mine replaced by Google directly. I bought mine from CPW and I contacted Google first of all about the issues, then ended up asking them to call me, they said they could take it in for repair but to contact CPW first as they sold the phone to me. CPW were going to take something like 14 to 28 days to get the phone back to me so I went back to Google who took it after a little bit of convincing. As soon as they received it at their facility in Germany a replacement was sent out straight away.

I guess it's like every other big company it'll depend on who you speak to and how person is feeling on the day.

Associate
OP
Thanks for that. Was planning on going to CPW this week-end, but will try calling them (or getting them to call me). I've just used the on-line chat facility so far.

Associate
OP
Should have called first time around...

Return call from the US, recognised me straight away as on their systems already (purchased the original Nexus). Told me warranty was valid until Jan 2019 (!) and arranged a warranty replacement straightaway. No questions about proof of purchase or where purchased from.

Received an email with UPS shipping documentation, will post off on Monday.

Can you re-collect turnaround time for getting a replacement device? Was it new or a refurb ?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom