Case recommendation for ATX, multiple hard drives

Associate
Hello, I'd like advice on finding a ATX case that has at least:
  • space for at least 2 2.5" drives
  • space for at least 6 3.5" drives, preferably 8

Also useful is space for a 360 or 480 radiator - are dual-240 radiators a thing?

The graphics card is 7.5" long.

I don't need a 5.25" or a 3.5" floppy drive, or lights.

Associate
The dark pro can house a 420mm radiator in the roof.
The 5 1/4 inch bracket can be removed and a an additional fan intake can be mounted.
8 hard drives may be installed.

Associate
OP
Huh, I was looking at Bitfenix, but they seem better for ITX motherboards.

Are there any smaller cases? this is huge!

The Bitfenix Prodigy is juuuust too small to modify for me :(

Associate
The be quiet 600 and 800 offerings are an alternative. The nzxt s340 may be a smaller alternative.
the 900 pro offers exceptional cooling and although large takes no larger base area footprint on my desk. Also the glass panel with lighting is a massive centrepiece of attraction

Associate
Ivan.

I'm so glad u like it!
Get cracking!
its actually a pleasurable build with ample room for access. I would.advise a 140mm additional intake on the base as it makes a huge difference for cooling.

Soldato
Ivan.

I'm so glad u like it!
Get cracking!
its actually a pleasurable build with ample room for access. I would.advise a 140mm additional intake on the base as it makes a huge difference for cooling.

Looking foward to unboxing and building. Not had a chance yet unfortunately :(

I will buy another couple of fans but they are 20 quid each...

Associate
I know it's sad we have to make provisions for additional fans but I look back on the 300 pounds Lian li case I bought in the past and the fans were average and therefore needed replacing. Hell Inwin don't even offer fans!
id advise silent wing 3s as I've done a like for like test with the version 2s. The 3s shift more air. Noctua redux are around 15 and are not bad.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got it all built bar the led strips which I'm not too fussed about anyway to be honest. Looks really good. Very heavy though.

Had a bit of a job cramming all the wires behind the panel though. Could do with a bigger gap there.

Associate
OP
Final update - managed to get a NZXT 450 for a song - internally identical to the 440, but with better cooling vents on the outside.

Thanks for the help everyone

Back
Top Bottom