Case with RGB USB ports

Soldato
I know, for home/gaming fair enough. But when you struggle to find a case that suits your needs for a corporate customer then find out it has a window its a pain. We had to buy hundreds of additional side panels when we used Corsair 450D. And we still have hundreds of windowed ones in storage.. lol

Soldato
I know, for home/gaming fair enough. But when you struggle to find a case that suits your needs for a corporate customer then find out it has a window its a pain. We had to buy hundreds of additional side panels when we used Corsair 450D. And we still have hundreds of windowed ones in storage.. lol

Why would a window for a corporate customer be an issue? It's a case with bits in it to do a corporate job, if they're concerned about aesthetics then they're spending their money in the wrong place.

Soldato
Why would a window for a corporate customer be an issue? It's a case with bits in it to do a corporate job, if they're concerned about aesthetics then they're spending their money in the wrong place.

Doesn't work like that, people who sign off workstations for productivity do not want them adorned with a window to see all the bits inside, flashy lights etc, as it is seen as a gaming trend. A company that spends thousands of pounds on a productivity workstation want just that, a system that will enable said company to make money, not look flashy or play games. How many HP/Dell/Fujitsu/Supermicro workstations do you see with a side window...? As far as i know, none! ;)

Soldato
And yet when I've built productivity workstations for corporate clients, they've taken issue when I've charged more for replacement panels to remove windows.

You pay for the kit inside and its performance, not what the thing looks like. And if a client is bothered by what the thing looks like then their priorities are wrong. Which is an ongoing argument I have when clients insist Macs are better.

Soldato
Not experienced that at all. Then again we work with case manufacturers and get quantity discounts for the panels. The cost is incorporated into a solution. At the end of the day if a customer has an issue with paying an additional ten pounds on a 3grand plus system there is other issues.

Soldato
Sigh, wish this RGB nonsense would die down. I just don't get turning a computer into a Christmas tree.

Well depends on how you do it... you can get a glass side panel and some subtle RGB and it can look very good, or you can get a tacky case and fill it with rainbow RGB everything and it will look terrible.. this "RGB USB" though is going a bit far.

Soldato
giphy.gif

Of course it's Corsair, wasn't far off with my guess.

Back
Top Bottom