Cash is only used by the poor or elderly

Soldato
This is a good trick you can play with cash, but not with a card.

Get 4 cans of lager costing just under £5, and also get a jar of baby food.

Go to the till and, when they ask for £5something say you've only got a fiver and you'll leave the baby food. Give them the £5 note.

Observe the reaction of the cashier and other shoppers.

Leave with their disapproving stares boring a hole in your back.

In greggs yesterday an old lady (75+ im guessing) asked for a receipt after had bought one sausage roll with cash, whats that about? The staff member seemed properly confused on first asking and had to ask the lady again what she wanted.
Indeed it's madness to think anyone would want to buy food from Greggs. It's revolting.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Those that use a card/phone for shop purchases, do you ever walk out the shop and have no idea how much you've just spent?

You've picked what you want, gone to the till, tapped your card and walked out, never registering how much what you've bought has cost you?
No, because I get a notification on my watch that I’ve just spent £x at Tesco etc.

Get with the times, you old duffer :p

Soldato
This is a good trick you can play with cash, but not with a card.

Get 4 cans of lager costing just under £5, and also get a jar of baby food.

Go to the till and, when they ask for £5something say you've only got a fiver and you'll leave the baby food. Give them the £5 note.

Observe the reaction of the cashier and other shoppers.

Leave with their disapproving stares boring a hole in your back.

Cue the calls to social services for your fake baby.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

If you’ve got a boxful of cash, what’s the best way to get it in your bank without raising any eyebrows?

Supposing I sell a top end guitar for £3000. Could I just stick that in my bank with no questions asked?
I stuck £50k in cash at the bank, didn’t get a single question. You’ll be fine with £3k :p

Soldato
The other week, at a different supermarket, on returning the trolley, one trolley wasn’t locked. Put the chain back on and out popped an old £1 coin with a hole drilled in it so whoever did this could thread it on a keyring.

I was one of the first customers that day I’m sure they not missed it.

Soldato
It can be a bonus when old folk hoard cash, my poor old gran had 25k hidden away that we found when she passed.

25k might be a nice surprise, but cash erodes with inflation. If that's kept under a floorboard for 20-30 year's, it'll be worth a fraction of what it could have been if invested wisely.

Soldato
Cash is "real". For people with a shaky grip on their finances, having it in their hand can be a lot easier to understand than having to keep a mental tally of what's in the bank account or checking several times a day.
This is what annoys me with Online Banking though, And just checking your balance in general online...its SOOOO slow to update. Sometimes transactions take days to show up, Its not good enough really.

i can totally see in the future it all been card only though and real cash will be a thing of the past. It'll all be digital and this Crypto crap.

Soldato
How were the bank notes? Were they the then current ones or previous notes?

I often had to deal with old bank notes and old coins when customers came in saying their parent, aunt died and found these old notes and coins whilst clearing out their relatives’ homes. One woman brought in 3 bags of old 50p coins as her mum used to have a coin meter. Found in a pot in the cupboard where the meter was.

Back
Top Bottom