Cash is only used by the poor or elderly

Soldato
This is what annoys me with Online Banking though, And just checking your balance in general online...its SOOOO slow to update. Sometimes transactions take days to show up, Its not good enough really.

i can totally see in the future it all been card only though and real cash will be a thing of the past. It'll all be digital and this Crypto crap.
Heard that if anyone is on a extremely tight budget, should not be using contactless to pay. As takes longer for funds to leave. Get customers shouting “I’ve got £14 in my account”, when buying some Sterling rolly baccy. Then ask is it current or available. They say available which is lower as bought some Chav Bull at the offie yesterday.

You should probably tell them that given that their market cap is £3 billion :p

From what I can recall of Greggs, it doesn't matter what it is you order, it all tastes the same. Be it a savoury slice of some description, sausage roll, sandwich or cake. It all tastes vaguely salty with varying levels of crust or slime in oil.

Caporegime
Heard that if anyone is on a extremely tight budget, should not be using contactless to pay. As takes longer for funds to leave. Get customers shouting “I’ve got £14 in my account”, when buying some Sterling rolly baccy. Then ask is it current or available. They say available which is lower as bought some Chav Bull at the offie yesterday.
Most transactions will route through the same channels and will become 'pending' or 'approved' at point and time of purchase. In both instances the cash is treated as having been transferred so your scenario should not occur.

e: and for completeness I should add that if you don't have the funds then it'll obviously be 'declined'.

Caporegime
Large sums of cash are extremely hard to secure and hide from anyone. The accountants on this forum would probably have some views on how best to mask your true wealth and in not completely illegal ways ;)

V F

V F

Soldato
From what I can recall of Greggs, it doesn't matter what it is you order, it all tastes the same. Be it a savoury slice of some description, sausage roll, sandwich or cake. It all tastes vaguely salty with varying levels of crust or slime in oil.

So true. I haven't had anything from Greggs in a long time. Do they still have softies? They were great when I had them 2008/9. They were massive back then. Then they started to shrink years later. Tuna & lettuce, grated cheese mixed with something and chicken/mayonnaise or was it Barbecue? It's been so long.

Caporegime
the funds are still reserved and not part of the "available balance" they go as pending or whatever it says.

these people need to learn how to read and comprehend a screen

Soldato
I used to work for a bank in their collections department on their credit cards. Funny how if these customers did their current account banking with the same bank, took all their spare money out from an ATM then claim to be skint? Yes you are hiding the fact you rather spend money on stuff then paying your credit card bill.

Well if you're skint and only have £50 left to last you 2 weeks and the credit card are threatening to snatch it all, then of course the right thing to do would be to take that £50 out at the ATM before they take it. People do fall on hard times. I've been there.

Although the correct action would be to set up a payment plan with the bank to pay off the credit card but they don't usually want to know until it's gone so far down the collections line.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well if you're skint and only have £50 left to last you 2 weeks and the credit card are threatening to snatch it all, then of course the right thing to do would be to take that £50 out at the ATM before they take it. People do fall on hard times. I've been there.

Although the correct action would be to set up a payment plan with the bank to pay off the credit card but they don't usually want to know until it's gone so far down the collections line.
Exactly. Setting up a payment plan would knock them off the collections list and only get contacted again if failed to adhere to payment plan- instead of every day!

Associate
I like to keep cash in the house and use debit card. Dont own a credit card.

I dont regard myself as old or poor. I love counting cash. I also like paying for small things with pennies.

Back
Top Bottom