Casual Gaming Cheap PC

Soldato
AS above - that thread outlines pros and cons - of cutting component costs etc...

The below spec is over budget but you could clock the CPU (even drop it to a Ryzen 1200 below spec) on this quality motherboard and the GTX 1050Ti is well suited to the causal gamer at 1080p

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £570.85 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Or a 1200 CPU - clocks almost as well as the 1300 in most cases. Still keeping a quality motherboard that will support future upgrades when you're more flush:

Total: £532.55 (includes shipping: £11.70)​

Soldato
Ordered an hour ago with KFA2 GeForce GTX 1050Ti OC 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card, only seen your comment now.
@orbitalwalsh and I do prefer Gigabyte products because of the UK RMA/Warranty - plus they have a great forum presence in the form of @GIGA-Man who frequently helps members out.

That said - if you needed to save £20 the KFA2 will do the job and you'll still have a 2 year warranty to fall back on - but a longer wait for turn around if it were to fail. If it works, as it should, it's not a problem...

But if you're concerned you can change your order via the Customer Services Forum

Last edited:
Associate
Link removed. here's my slightly outdated build, cost around £500 at the time but did have to bargain hunt cuz ITX stuff is bloody expensive. Could probably get similar spec with the newer stuff, 1050ti etc for a similar price. Also with your mobo choice keep in mind future upgrades.

Personally, I would also vouch for either Gigabyte or EVGA, RMA and support is excellent and I speak from first hand experience.

Good luck with your build, let us know what you end up with, or keep posting your parts list if unsure

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
basically similar to @ExoMale 's build bar a few changes.
swapped the a320 board for a b350 board so the chip is able to be overclocked
faster ram for £1 more
changed the case - i think this is one of the better value cases as it already comes with 3 fans (according to the spec sheet), also doesn't have a 5.25inch front bay making the case a wee bit more compact (who uses those anymore lol)
cheaper psu - the xfx xt is an outsourced seasonic, the evga bt is an outsourced superflower - much of a muchness really

Total: £524.19 (includes shipping: £12.30)

Back
Top Bottom