Cat C Bike

Caporegime
OP
bits arrived today

new headlight unit/top fairing
new side fairing/right hand bellypan

need rear brake lever/front brake lever now,might pickup some cheap chinese shorty levers

might need another front mudguard if I cant patch existing one up and respray it

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
2yl5xd3.jpg

2co0fvm.jpg

1043lud.jpg

vxlxer.jpg

2nsapv7.jpg

well I gave it a thorough going over and I spotted the ram air scoop has a split in it and the fairing must have chopped through two wires at the front so ill have to re solder those and get a new scoop that the clocks/headlight bolts to

also the undamaged left side fairing has the bracket snapped off that the headlight attaches to but I can get that plastic welded back on

the fi light keeps blinking aswell idk what that could be without getting it to Kawasaki to diagnose,it start/runs/ticks over just fine,only 4200 miles aswell

the scuff on the fork magically t cutted out,and ive filed the bar end and the brake lever ready to spray paint for now

Caporegime
OP
adkw0z.jpg

discovered this yesterday when I unbolted the front mudguard:(one of the cast brackets that holds it on had bent/snapped

gonna have to see if I can get it welded back on,also get the fork checked to see if its straight while im at it

2zp2gkx.jpg

xbl0xy.jpg

diy plastic welded my mudguard back together,once sanded/painted you wont tell

pnhgg.jpg

t6xbq1.jpg

and the left side fairing tab

Last edited:
Soldato
Be careful welding the fork leg up. The heat will distort it and might possibly damage internal suspension components. I think it might be cheaper to buy a second hand fork or see how much one is from Kwak. Make their dealer your best friend.

Caporegime
OP
yeah im worried abou that,theres a chap who does all that kind of stuff not far from me,does disc/wheel/fork straightening

im gonna ring him Monday and see what he says,be best if he can dismantle the fork and weld it back on,depends on the price

second hand pair is £350

Soldato
Check with Kawasaki how much it will be. Some part are stupidly cheap from dealers and most are rip off so doesn't get asked.

When I used to race local dealer used to sort out bits for me surprisingly cheap. Might have been to help, might not. Ask. :)

Caporegime
OP
cant do anymore,waiting on some abba fittings so I can get the front up in the air and forks out,£20 for two tiny pieces of metal

spoke with the fork guy he said he can weld it on but cant give a price till he see's the forks

2cql6w5.jpg

2h6y15t.jpg

EDIT: test fitted my new headlight,it now has two eyes to see with

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
current state

29wsmd3.jpg

ajpkyv.jpg

fnr48.jpg

16ixu6a.jpg

96i2oj.jpg

aey1wi.jpg

1q4vpz.jpg

zr4m8.jpg

2wqv807.jpg

ajrrqt.jpg

2e5hz0x.jpg

waiting on a rear brake lever from china,plastic welded the ram air scoop for the time being,its unsightly but its up and underneath so im hoping it wont be too visable

sprayed the bar end and lever,also need a new bolt for the engine casing as it wore the head off when it slid on the ground/ground through the bellypan

also need rear pillion peg idk why that's missing as its on the good/undamaged side

Back
Top Bottom