Caught by X5 speeding!

Associate
Can someone help put my mind at ease, so i was driving in a 50 zone doing 60 at 12 at night on dual carriage way and basically a X5 drove up behind me and then came along side me so i apologised for speeding and slowed down, they looked at me and proceeded to take over me, just wondering if i will get a ticket through the post?

Soldato
It's less paperwork to stare at you until you're sorry.

I imagine if you took the **** they would have found time to do that paperwork.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
You messed up OP. The X5 came along side you for a race. When they looked into your eyes you should have floored it and sped off into the sunset.

Your unwillingness to race will be a seen as a sign of weakness and a ticket will be issued.

Soldato
Had similar a few months ago putting my foot down on an empty motorway one weekend morning to be fair I was going abit too quick but I kept seeing this blue Hyundai estate trying to stay with me and then gradually pull alongside me for ages when I slowed down so looked over only to see a guy in the passenger glaring at me and then press his badge against the window while mouthing ******* slow down in an angry manner. I panicked but never heard anything over it

Associate
I had something like this a month or 2 ago, following a Focus ST Estate. Started having a bit of fun with it (which they encouraged by trying to get up my chuff) then later on down the road I pulled in to get fuel, the Focus then pulled in for me to then notice it was 3 undercover police :rolleyes: whoops. They were looking at my car & probably checking insurance as it's all modified and stripped out.

They didn't say anything however and I heared nothing about it. Considering I was close to double the speed limit I thought I was screwed. Lucky escape.
Had similar a few months ago putting my foot down on an empty motorway one weekend morning to be fair I was going abit too quick but I kept seeing this blue Hyundai estate trying to stay with me and then gradually pull alongside me for ages when I slowed down so looked over only to see a guy in the passenger glaring at me and then press his badge against the window while mouthing ******* slow down in an angry manner. I panicked but never heard anything over it
Lmao they don't help the situation as you think they are racing you. I know you shouldn't be racing and having a play but what else you going to do. Egos are at stake!

Last edited:
Soldato
Great 1st post on a computer forum, I think they have to pull you over to issue a ticket in this instance, normally it would be a static gun on the side of the road as I'm not sure of the accuracy of a radar gun from a moving vehicle.

But as mentioned above you need to apply lube just to be sure, it could take 2 weeks so please ensure you have a couple of industrial size barrels so as not to run out.

Soldato
The other night I had a 5 series behind me and as I got on the local bypass I accelerated up to....some....miles per hour.

I was shocked that this lowly 5 series more or less stayed with me...which could only mean one thing. I thought that I was done as I was convinced it was a police car and how impressive the 530d was to stay with my M3!

Turned out it wasn't the police, it was just a bloke in an F10 M5 which explains a lot :p

Associate
Haha, sounds like he was just ****** because Hyundai's can't keep up with any thing.

Soldato
I had a similar thing with an unmarked car, it was very late at night on a dual carriageway, they pulled alongside and the passenger motioned at me to slow down a little bit, I obliged and they carried on their way. Never heard anything else.

Back
Top Bottom