CBT Expiring soon, how to keep it?

Caporegime
My CBT expires in September, and as I'm starting a new job on Monday, I won't have time to go for my license for the next three months at least (probation period). What do I need to do to keep it, if it's even possible? It's not really that critical, I'll fork out again if I need to but I'd rather save the cash and use it for lessons. I can book my theory fairly soon, then I just need the first MOD to prolong it don't I?

Soldato
You need to redo the CBT.

Mod 1 will last for as long as your CBT does iirc so if it expires before you've completed your full license you'll have to start again (I recall mod 1 and 2 both need CBT cert and number).

It's cheap enough to just redo the CBT one weekend though and it'll buy you more time to do the full test so makes sense to redo it.

Caporegime
OP
Is there any point doing it again now if you aren’t using it?

I wanted to have my licence by Christmas at the latest. Might hafta wait, the new job is not one I can mess around on.

Just ask ur new boss if u can't have a day or two off to do a DAS? Tbh you shouldn't need many lessons if u have 2yrs on a CBT... I can't see your new boss having an issue with that and during probation and that way you spend the money on something you want.

As above, I've been brought in as a bit of a firefighter / hatchet man at this company so time off will not go down well, but I'll have to feel the atmosphere for a few weeks and see what happens.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Depends how he was taken on tbh.

In previous roles I've stated the intention to take previously booked holidays, during appointment. Usually I've found businesses have asked if I have any planned holidays so that would be the logical time to declare them, although not every business has done that. It is entirely likely Diddums didn't think about doing the DAS/CBT during his interview, so I can understand why he'd be reluctant to start then ask for a few days off to do it.

Back
Top Bottom