CC Query - Late Payment Charge

Soldato
Made a ballsup this month with my CC payment. I normally pay a large sum in at the end of each month (~£300), however in February I made 2 payments. One at the start of £300 and one near the end of Feb of £200. Thus it screwed up my schedule and I forgot to make a payment in March. Handsup I forgot but it's not like I didn't have the money, I'm about 5 days over the due date and I've just transferred £300.

I know some people here work for banks/credit card companies. How likely is it that I can get the late payment removed with my record of paying in a lump sum each month? Impossible/Possible? I'm more annoyed about the late payment record going on my credit file than the £12 they've charged me.

Soldato
I've been too busy recently and messed up on 2 cards in the last few months :(

I blagged it and told them I sent a cheque which must have got lost in the post, and charges and interest refunded :)

I always pay my balance in full 100% every single month without fail , and have done so since I first got a CC - if you don't do this frequently you should be fine :)

Associate
If its the first time you have missed a payment they will probably let you off with the normal 'as your account is in good standing we will let you off this time' type thing.

:)

Soldato
Whenever I get a new credit card (no I don't have hundreds, but I do tend to move from one card to another) - as soon as I get my card I make a phone call.
That call is to the credit card company in question and it is to setup a direct debit for the "minimum monthly repayment" each month.

Every month there is a minimum amount you have to pay.
Even if you don't plan on paying any more than month you still have to pay that amount.
So why not automate it and then you can never be stung with late payment charges.
You want to pay more than your minimum then fine - make a manual payment too.
But it doesn't matter if you forget, you're ill, unable to reach a bank - the minimum payment always goes through and no late fee fines!

Back
Top Bottom